Sloppy Giuseppe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I'm thinking of taking the ingredients for my favorite meatballs and making them into Sloppy Giuseppes. I'll mix in some of the marinera I normally use for the meatballs. Toasted buns and provolone. Maybe sub some bulk mild sausage for some of the beef.

Anyone have their own version?

I make sloppy Giuseppes all the time. Brown a pound of ground beef, add my own version of soffritto (small diced onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, a little chopped garlic, seasoned with fresh basil and parsley), then stir in Grandma Lovullo's spaghetti sauce. I serve it in oversized hamburger rolls or Kaiser rolls.

I want one, or maybe two. Can you have them sent hot, to my house by 5:20 p.m. tonight.:LOL:

Sounds yummy. I haven't heard of them before. I have now. Thanks.

But you have goofed me up as well. I was going to make enchilada pie for a Sunday pot luck at church. I may have to make these instead. See what you do to me. It's a conspiracy to make me crazy with choices. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

When I googled them, I found a reference to a pizza chain in the UK that actually offers a Sloppy Giuseppe pie. Not what I was looking for though.

I cut Italian Sausages, in casing, into two inch lengths, pan fry. When almost crispy, I add marinara and cover for a couple hours on a simmer. Serve several pieces in a poor boy bun and top with smoked provolone, sliced onions, sauteed mushrooms and pepperoncinis. Any other veg you would like. Must have a knife and fork to eat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom