What is your "Signature Dish?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not my recipe, but made it my own and mastered it completely!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Ingredients

**crust**

• 2 cups crushed oreos
  • 1 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
**Cheesecake**
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips. (I prefer a good quality chocolate)
  • 1 jar seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened- full fat. dont skimp on this~
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (10 ounce) package fresh raspberries for garnishing on top
  • white chocolate to create "curls" for decorating on top (optional)
Directions

1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 1 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Heat half jar of seedless rasp jam in bowl until liquid
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-andheat-half, stirring occasionally until smooth. *this will not be completely smooth... dont worry!
  4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese alone until fluffy & soft. Then add 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and pour in the melted white chocolate.
  5. Pour half of this batter over crust. Spoon 5 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until filling is set... but a good 3 inches in middle should jiggle like jello blocks, but not like liquid. If no jiggle, you have over-cooked it.

Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce on top, fresh raspberries placed in each piece, and can use potato peeler to create curls of white chocolate on top!

here is the link to the original recipe, but you might notice I changed it above based on my own trials and other cook's comments on making this one. There are good pictures on here though of it!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

AndyM, you are du bom.
That item was used by my grandfather for his very delicious steak and brocolli that he used to simmer on the stove all day to prepare it for our dinner. It is wonderful stuff as I've bought it often but can't say I've even looked for it lately. I will be looking for it again, thanks for the link, I swear it was like $3 in the market when I did buy it. The photo brought it all back to me, thanks again.

I have two signature dishes.
1) Pizza, if I cook for my husband and me.
2) Lasagne alla bolognese, if I have guests.

Attachments

• pizza 022.jpg
    pizza 022.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 185
  • volume II 079.jpg
    volume II 079.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 177
I don't think I have a "signature dish" at all. But I sure know how to make a cracking good traditional Kalymnian seafood meze.

Fried octopus, squids, schrimps, lobster tails, grilled fresh sardines and scrumptious homemade chips done in olive oil. All fresh out of the sea, bargained hard for at Pothia's fish market, taken home and cooked to perfection. And this is what I do the best as dear Mummy taught me.

By the way, I also make rag rugs (back of chair).

Can I have that please? For lunch. Today. Now.

Not my recipe, but made it my own and mastered it completely!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Ingredients

**crust**

• 2 cups crushed oreos
  • 1 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
**Cheesecake**
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips. (I prefer a good quality chocolate)
  • 1 jar seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened- full fat. dont skimp on this~
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (10 ounce) package fresh raspberries for garnishing on top
  • white chocolate to create "curls" for decorating on top (optional)
Directions

1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 1 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Heat half jar of seedless rasp jam in bowl until liquid
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-andheat-half, stirring occasionally until smooth. *this will not be completely smooth... dont worry!
  4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese alone until fluffy & soft. Then add 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and pour in the melted white chocolate.
  5. Pour half of this batter over crust. Spoon 5 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until filling is set... but a good 3 inches in middle should jiggle like jello blocks, but not like liquid. If no jiggle, you have over-cooked it.

Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce on top, fresh raspberries placed in each piece, and can use potato peeler to create curls of white chocolate on top!

here is the link to the original recipe, but you might notice I changed it above based on my own trials and other cook's comments on making this one. There are good pictures on here though of it!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com
thanks for the link too, looks great

I have 2. Sorry, I rarely measure, so the best I can give are estimates.

Browned butter and toasted garlic mashed potatoes:
After browning & straining unsalted butter, reheat until very hot (careful not to burn). Add fresh minced Garlic. If the butter is hot enough, it should almost instantly start to brown and should become light and crispy and take on a toasted flavor. If you don't mind the crispy bits, add with evaporated milk and a touch of salt to make mashed potatoes. Imo, the flavor is worth the bits. If you don't want the bits, strain first. The garlic flavor will be lighter, but still there. Finish by mixing in just a touch of plain yogurt right before serving. It should change the flavor, but not make the potatoes sour.

Sweet and spicy basil pasta:
Chiffonade 2 ample sprigs of fresh basil (more if sprigs are small). Add just enough evoo to 10-inch skillet to prevent sticking and sweat 1/2 small yellow onion, minced, with 1-3 small green chiles and seeds (depending on how spicy you like it). Add 1 12-oz can no salt added tomato paste, basil, and brown sugar and kosher salt to taste, should be quite sweet, but remember that it will sweeten mor as it cooks down. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until sauce darkens and becomes very sticky. Be careful! It needs to remain uncovered to reduce, but the thickness can cause it to splatter & stick. I use a splatter screen, but the frequent stirring also helps. While sauce reduces, cook 1 13.25 oz box whole wheat spaghetti or linguine. (You may substitute white pasta if you'd like.) While sauce & pasta are cooking, sautee 1 lb lean, flavorful beaf, finely chopped, with kosher salt and fresh ground black& white pepper or McCormick's peppercorn medley. When pasta is finished, drain, but while still moist add directly to sauce and stir immediately. Noodles should be dressed, not drowned, and very sticky. Top with beef and serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan.

Chicken Enchiladas

My 14 year old nephew has been asking for Chicken Enchiladas for his birthday dish for several years now. We also had it for Christmas one year. I found the recipe in the February 1998 issue of Bon Appetit (still my favourite issue). I liked it and moved on from there to Rick Bayless' mole sauce. The mole now takes me most of a day to make (I'm good but very slow) but it is worth it.

Here is the link to the Epicurious recipe:

Chicken and Green Olive Enchiladas Recipe at Epicurious.com

I guess one of my signature dishes is French Canadian tourtière. It's a meat pie with three kinds of ground meat and no gravy in the pie. It is served with gravy or home made ketchup. It's a traditional winter dish. It'a getting time to make some. I usually make three at a time and freeze two of them. The stuff is quite yummy.

IMG_1692.JPG

Your pies look scrumptious...

sarah!!! how the heck are ya? how's the little one? a little grown up lady by now, i'd bet. :)

taxy, your pies are truely scrumptious.

sprout, you thicken tomato paste? or did you mean 12 ozs sauce?

OMG Bucky its so good to see ya after such a long time,all is well on my side,my little girl is now a 5 year old little lady and she has 2 bros...:) dont be too surprised,i dont believe in being patient and wait for things to happen,lol...
how r u and ur lovely family?

sarah!!! how the heck are ya? how's the little one? a little grown up lady by now, i'd bet. :)

taxy, your pies are truely scrumptious.

sprout, you thicken tomato paste? or did you mean 12 ozs sauce?

Tomato paste. That's why it's important to use freshly cooked noodles. Otherwise you end up with globs. I've tried it.:ermm: It only needs to thicken a little. Just long enough for it to darken and become sticky. The leftovers are interesting. They stick together like glue! A little moisture & gentle heating loosens then up, though.

I actually have two.

First is simmered chicken over steamed rice with lightly steamed broccoli. Chicken is normally marinated and cooked in Italian dressing or dusted with a mix of Italian spices and cooked in EVOO. The chicken is cooked slowly, I stress slowly, on low heat to retain as much moisture as possible (and always is the juciest chicken ever). In some cases, to speed up cooking, it is diced beforehand.

Second is seared pork tenderloin over white rice, served with applesauce topped with cinnamon. The tenderloin gets put in the oven at 250* for about 2 hours, with a coating of either a dry spicy rub or having marinated in a lemon pepper mix. After cooking (partially) in the oven, it is allowed to cool and sliced, anglularly, into medallions, then seared over high heat in a pan coated with a thin layer of EVOO.

Been working on a new dish that's a bit more "involved" than these two... Just a bit busy with school to actually make it happen. So, for now. it's a matter of keep it simple.

My signature dish is Chocolate Flan. It's pretty much a regular flan, only with cocoa powder added to the base to add some color and a little bit of extra taste. Apparently my friends use it when describing me to other people, so i guess by that default it is my signature dish.

I would say my shrimp creole, although I don't follow an exact recipe. People always love my soups and chicken taco's as well.

Back
Top Bottom