"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Which country has the best food, in your opinion?

I think India does.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Head Chef

Spain, specifically in the countryside and coast.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

This is not an answerable question for me. Choosing one eliminates all the others.

As much as I enjoy Indian food, I enjoy Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and all the regional US foods. Also the foods of the Near and Middle East, different regions of Europe, ... well you get the picture.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

It is not often I disagree with Andy, and this time is no exception. I simply would not be able to pick just one (or two or three...). I love so much from each country.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Executive Chef

America, because you can not only find a tasty native cuisine of a diverse nature, from coast to coast to coast, but all of the others from around the world represented here as well.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel! View Post
I think India does.
I absolutely love Indian food...and British/South African Indian food, which is really quite different, but they both lack subtlety.

For me, the nod has to go to French cuisine. No other cuisine goes to such lengths to get the most out of each and every ingredient.

That said, I love that I'm not stuck with just one cuisine. There's something to love about all of them.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Master Chef

I think it is simple unfair question. How can you say that one country has better food than the other. For example who could you posibly choose India, they do not eat beef. Life without a hamburger? I cannot imagine it. If that is the best cuisine you like that's fine, but that is your preference.

I definitely could not answer that question.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
America, because you can not only find a tasty native cuisine of a diverse nature, from coast to coast to coast, but all of the others from around the world represented here as well.
Selkie has a good point. America is a melting pot and it's true you can find restaurants everywhere that specialize in all the individual country's cuisines. And every country has their own unique cuisine worthy of being the "Best" for what it is. But with that being said, I have to say, I can't find any good Mexican food in North Carolina...nothing like you can get in the southwest. Chipolte Grill is good but limited...and we use to have a good takeout place called Baja Fresh but they didn't have tamales on the menu even....and where did they run off to?

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
This is not an answerable question for me. Choosing one eliminates all the others.

As much as I enjoy Indian food, I enjoy Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and all the regional US foods. Also the foods of the Near and Middle East, different regions of Europe, ... well you get the picture.
what andy said. this doesn't mean anything, just thought it was cute.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Wholeheartedly concur.

While I have my personal preferences in terms of what I like to cook, I can't diminish one cuisine over another.