Who are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommysews

Assistant Cook
Cooking - big subject. I think the only bigger subject is eating what is cooled ;)

Sooooo what kind of cook are you? Do you do the general mom type cooking - a little of everything - are you a baker, a pastery master, a griller - What kind of cooking do you like to do best?

I think I like baking best. My family has the required sweet teeth so although they won't always rave about the perfect comfort food stew they always like my desserts so I go where I get the most feedbact - desserts. I guess I would call myself a baker

I'm a baker, gardener, food preserver, master cookie baker, cook, cheese and yogurt maker, and I love to bake.;) Unfortunately dh does not do sweets, so that really cuts down on my baking activites.

I am not a baker...lol... I don't do yeast or dough. Oh, I'll mix up a batch of cookie dough but hubby does the baking since I always over or under bake.

I'm a good main dish maker... comfort food... is my fave to serve. No one ever leaves my house hungry or feeling unloved.

When I started working with yeast, I always had trouble. I finally quit fighting it and decided to make something that everyone in my family likes no matter how dense - bagles. After a while of doing that, I learned the right way to knead etc and now I make bread or rolls for dinner at least once a week.

I also forgot about canning. I don't do a big variety, but I can my own apple sauce every year. And when I do it, I have to do enough to last us until nest fall - and with 5 people who will only eat home made applesauce, thghat is quite a bit

I'm just a cook, I really don't specialize in anything, but if I had to catagorize my style of cooking, it would have to be home style cooking.

I am a 'survival' cook. I don't love it enough to be a chef; I don't hate it enough to feed outside the home; enjoyed it enough to keep my aging mother alive for over 11 years as I cared for her; and now I cook for one to survive.

Much of my food comes from a Food Bank so I don't have much choice or advance notice of what will be "available" so I became food challenged and that led me to becoming a Food Preservation (canning, dehydrating, freezing) guru and helping others deal with those issues.

Nowadays I love working in the kitchen with food that I don't have to eat right away (my waistline thanks me) and can stockpile food for the future. I also learned to enjoy making my own condiments and spice mixtures to not only save money but also eliminate a ton of salt and preservatives from the diet.

I prefer to bake, make candy and preserve jam. I love a good challenge when I am in the mood.

I do cook as well but my real love is the pastry chef side.

I'm just me. Never canned or preserved, as I've never been more than a family of 2 in my adult life - no need.
I am better at some things than others - I am not a well rounded person!

I work at home and my wife has a full-time job, so I cook pretty much everything and enjoy doing it. I also bake all our bread. That was quite a challenge for a while when we first moved to upper Colorado, as the 5,000' altitude made some things happened that baffled me for a while. Okay now though. I've got a few recipes that I've adapted that work well for me. Time in the kitchen is the best time there is.

I do a little of everything. I bake a lot and make a lot of soups. Beans and stews. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom