"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 04-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
Looks awesome in the bundt pan, and as mentioned, you can stuff it with your favorites.

Lee

http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/...ges/186967.htm
Wow that does look awesome QSis (Lee), I dont have a bundt pan but maybe it's time to get one cause that bread looks so yummy on the inside. But one step at a time, first I have to master the art of making this bread, then take the next step to the bundt pan Thank you for your reply!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
One more question. When I make all these stuffed loaves and then freeze them, should I bake them first, or freeze them as is, then let thaw and bake?

On edit, I made my stuffed bread today (broccoli, cheese, sauted onion, and a bit of dill), it came out good but the bread was too thick so I might cut the dough in half next time.
Amber, I make a stuffed bread my family loves. Since it's at holiday time mostly, I bake it, then let cool, double wrap and freeze. I use only foil, and re-heat as is opening one end to vent. I do a quick thing with frozen bread dough or even Pillsbury hot roll mix. We use only Italian meats, such as mortadella, and Italian cheeses..I usually have to make 3 of them, my kids love them so much.
kadesma

Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #13
Head Chef

one of my aunts used to make french bread from scratch and stuff it with sauted ground beef and onions,i can still remember the delicious taste,and sometimes she would make a fish shaped bread and stuff it with shredded cooked chicken and chopped bell peppers.The ingredients were simple and not many,but the breads always came out great!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
QSis - GREAT picture - thanks for sharing that!!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Looks awesome in the bundt pan, and as mentioned, you can stuff it with your favorites.

Lee

That looks great QSis! I've copied and pasted and plan on making it the next time we have people over for breakfast!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #16
Executive Chef

I'm making two more stuffed breads today. The broccoli, sauteed onions, ham, cheddar, mozzarella, mustard, parsley version and the other is pepperoni, mozzarella, a bit of pasta sauce, fresh basil, sauteed onion and mushrooms, oregano. The problem is that I was going to thaw one loaf of dough and make two loaves out of it, but that didnt work well, so now I have to thaw the other one, which will take a few hours. The quick thaw method is to set your oven to 175 degrees then turn it off, place the dough in a pan, and then place a pan of hot boiling water under that. So that takes 3 hours roughly, not so quick, but quicker than thawing it at room temperature which take six or more hours. Thanks Kadesma for the tip about baking the bread, cooling, then freezing!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #17
Master Chef

Qsis,
Do you know the ingredients and recipe for this???

Quote:

Lee

Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

texasgirl - click on the link again - below the picture there is the word RECIPE which is actually a link to the recipe - I have it already copied and pasted!!! lol

Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm making two more stuffed breads today. The broccoli, sauteed onions, ham, cheddar, mozzarella, mustard, parsley version and the other is pepperoni, mozzarella, a bit of pasta sauce, fresh basil, sauteed onion and mushrooms, oregano. The problem is that I was going to thaw one loaf of dough and make two loaves out of it, but that didnt work well, so now I have to thaw the other one, which will take a few hours. The quick thaw method is to set your oven to 175 degrees then turn it off, place the dough in a pan, and then place a pan of hot boiling water under that. So that takes 3 hours roughly, not so quick, but quicker than thawing it at room temperature which take six or more hours. Thanks Kadesma for the tip about baking the bread, cooling, then freezing!
Your welcome Amber, What seems to be the problem with the frozen bread dough? Is it to thick? I find that the bread dough tends to want to go back to it's original shape, that it's to elastic, I let it rest then roll again, pressing down a little, it takes time to thin it out, but I'll be darned if dough is gonna get around me It took me some time to figure this out, but, I now just keep rolling til I get the size and shape I need for my roll..I'm making one with pizza sauce, salami, provolone , and parmesan for tomorrow...Hope I've helped a little
kadesma
Old 04-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

amber - just so you'll know for future reference the ham/swiss/broccoli recipe I posted does not call for the onions to be cooked first. Just finely chop and use raw. I don't know if you were just "doing your own thing" or misread my recipe. Thanks.

Tags
None