Swiss/Provolone Grilled Cheese Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giftedmadness

Washing Up
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have a great recipe that uses swiss and provolone cheeses with rye bread.

Ingredients:
2 slices swiss
1 slice provolone
a few slices red or white onion
onion powder
sea salt
rye bread
butter
siracha sauce

Butter the bread, load with 2 slices swiss and one slice provolone, sprinkle with sea salt and onion powder and sliced onions. Grill on both sides until rye bread is browned -- use sirracha as a condiment.

Simple but good, especially when drinking ;-p

I love sriracha and use it on a ton of things but LOL, don't think a grilled cheese sandwich will be one of them! From my POV, that's taking the fusion thing a wee bit too far.
But as always when it comes to food, personal preference rules, so enjoy.

Do you make sirracha yourself or does it come in a bottle? Is it from a specialty food store of some sort? Mexican maybe? Am I the only one who never heard of this?

Do you make sirracha yourself or does it come in a bottle? Is it from a specialty food store of some sort? Mexican maybe? Am I the only one who never heard of this?
Sriracha sauce is thai and became very popular on the West Coast when a Thai started making it here in California and it's now found in almost any supermarket. The "Thai" versions of the sauce are a little harder to find, unless you have Thai markets in your area.
See if you can find a bottle and try it, it goes well with a lot of food. But I still won't put it on my grilled cheese sandwiches!

Color me clueless too MA!! Never have heard of the stuff either, and I live in California too. Gosh I guess some people are just more "in the know" than others. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing the sandwich recipe giftedmadness, it's appreciated. :flowers:

Kayelle,
I know what the stuff is but I don't eat hot stuff. I can't but others just love it.
kades:wacko:

I love sriracha and use it on a ton of things but LOL, don't think a grilled cheese sandwich will be one of them! From my POV, that's taking the fusion thing a wee bit too far.
But as always when it comes to food, personal preference rules, so enjoy.

Well I wouldn't use it on a normal/classic grilled cheese, but it works great with swiss for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom