"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #31
Assistant Cook

Me I like, lean ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, onions, cucumber, pickle relish special burger mayo and fries on my burger..you gotta love those fries lol and then add some chili ketchup.. I almost forgot the patty must have sesame seeds

I'm just curious how do you grilled cheese? does anyone know?

Trisha Parks
<link removed>

Old 10-31-2006, 05:13 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
Thank you so much, not--one more--what is a bacon buttie?
A 'buttie' is a sandwich. I think the term originates in the Liverpool/Manchester areas of England - although, like sarnies for sandwiches, it is now used all over the British Isles and further!

Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
Darn fingers can't spell even the simplest words. HP!! A Canadian friend gave us a bottle, and we find it at Cost Plus (World Market). I absolutely fell in love with the stuff. Gads I hope they don't change it!
The population of the UK hopes they don't change it, Harbourwitch! It has been part of my life since I was very small. Unlike most kids, I always preferred what we children in Scotland termed 'nippy' (ie hot) sauces rather than the blander tomato based ones - I used to love HP spread on thickly buttered home-made bread when I was about 4.....YUM! No-one else's 'nippy' sauces comes close.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:39 AM   #34
Master Chef

Humm .... a disc of cooked ground cow and two pieces of bread ... what to adorn them with .... it totally depends on my mood at the moment. From the "garden burger" (mayo or mustard with lettuce, tomato and red onion) ... to the double meat pattie, rashers of crispy streaky bacon, chili, onion, cheddar cheese ... or the Swiss with sauted onions and mushrooms with red wine sauce on buttered rolls ... and/or about a dozen or more iterations.

It's like a hotdog ... I can think of a dozen ways I like them, too.

The main factor in the answer is ... it depends.

Now, as for HP sauce .... I love the stuff (been using it for about 30 years)! Great on chops, steaks, deli sandwiches, burgers, fries .... good on fish, especially shark steaks, too.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:59 AM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
Humm .... a disc of cooked ground cow and two pieces of bread ... what to adorn them with .... it totally depends on my mood at the moment. From the "garden burger" (mayo or mustard with lettuce, tomato and red onion) ... to the double meat pattie, rashers of crispy streaky bacon, chili, onion, cheddar cheese ... or the Swiss with sauted onions and mushrooms with red wine sauce on buttered rolls ... and/or about a dozen or more iterations.

It's like a hotdog ... I can think of a dozen ways I like them, too.

The main factor in the answer is ... it depends.

Now, as for HP sauce .... I love the stuff (been using it for about 30 years)! Great on chops, steaks, deli sandwiches, burgers, fries .... good on fish, especially shark steaks, too.
Just bought my first bottle of HP Sauce- haven't tried it yet !

Tags
None