2007 Resolutions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Well... I normally do not make resolutions, but I do set goals for myself for the new year. I was wondering what are some of the goals that you will set for yourself for the new year... do you care to share???

Here are a few of mine:

Family - spend more time with family and not to squander the opportunities to do so.

Forgiveness

Thankfulness

Eating something new and different that I have never tried at least once a month.

Also, I fully intend losing 20 lbs, running 17 miles a day, eating nothing but veggies and tofu, putting on loads of sunblock, getting to bed by 9pm.... AS IF!!! C'mon... lets hear yours!!!

I resolved 6 years ago never to make any new years resolutions, so far, so good !

Mine`s gunna be REAL easy to keep, I didn`t make any :)

I made the same resolution many many years ago YT2095, but this year for the first year I will be breaking it. I have decided that for the first time in my life I need to go on a diet and lose some weight so starting Jan 1 I will be attempting to lose 20lbs.

good luck gb.

i too need to lose a few (dozen), so i'm resolved to clean up the back bedroom downstairs, and organize it with the basement and storage unit so i can get my exercise bike and weight bench set up again.

also, i promised dw to finally get the last things repaired so we can sell the house and move into a bigger, one family home. bigger house = bigger family, hopefully.

sattie said:
Well... I normally do not make resolutions, but I do set goals for myself for the new year. I was wondering what are some of the goals that you will set for yourself for the new year... do you care to share???

Here are a few of mine:

Family - spend more time with family and not to squander the opportunities to do so.

Forgiveness

Thankfulness

Eating something new and different that I have never tried at least once a month.

Also, I fully intend losing 20 lbs, running 17 miles a day, eating nothing but veggies and tofu, putting on loads of sunblock, getting to bed by 9pm.... AS IF!!! C'mon... lets hear yours!!!

Sattie, like yourself, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. If there is something I would like to change, I do it now. Goal setting & re-assessment is an excellent idea for the new year. Happy NEW year.

Last edited:
I don't make any, learned a long time ago that if something needs to be changed, do it then and there.

I don't make them because I feel worse if (when) I break them.

BUT I am going to work on 2 of Sattie's which I find very important: Forgiveness and Thankfulness

Sometimes the intangible resolutions are the best, for me anyway.

Last edited:
My resolutions are about the same as they have been for the past few years.

Find new and good wines under $10 ... and then drink them.

Find new ingredients and cook something wonderful with them.

Hunt and fish 5 more days then I did last year. ( I'm up to about 90-95)

Contiunue spoiling my wife.

Remember to leave the seat down.

Happy New Year,

JDP

Nice JDP!
I'm setting goals, not making resolutions. I've never pulled through on any resolutions in the past so have decided to call them something different this year!
My goals are to write more. Maybe even start a novel.
Cook healthier meals using new and exciting ingredients. (Experiment a bit)
Pamper myself a little every day.
Pamper my family a little every day.
And to keep up with the wash!

Happy 2007 and Good Luck to All on your resolutions/goals!

GB said:
I made the same resolution many many years ago YT2095, but this year for the first year I will be breaking it. I have decided that for the first time in my life I need to go on a diet and lose some weight so starting Jan 1 I will be attempting to lose 20lbs.
20 lbs? A tall order GB! Why don't you make instead 20 resolutions each one of them for losing 1 lb. This way you are certain not to break at least some of your resolutions.

GB, I pray that you will keep that resolution... and to help you... I will be checking in from time to time to make sure you are sticking with it!!! LOL!

Respect for others and generosity to everyone. Same things I say every year, and same things I carry out.

Those are easy, much easire than keeping to some diet or exercise plan. I don't believe in a diety so I don't do this for the promise of some reward later on...I do it because I reap the rewards now.

So, let me say this....Live Out Loud, and dance like you are the only one who hears the music. Don't wait for people to earn your respect, just give it. You can always take it back if they disappoint you. Give of your heart and spirit and you'll always have someone in your life to give back to you. Encourage people and you'll soar ahead.

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy new year. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

If you don't make them you can't break them! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! I don't need to make a resolution to be kinder, more generous, happier, thinner, etc. It's either going to happen or not and no resolution is going to make me "be" more of anything.........otherwise I WOULD make about 50 resolutions boufa-style!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Very well said VeraBlue..but then so are:) all your posts..

I don't make any so then I wont break any.;)

I will just concentrate on getting on with my life and try to stay healthy
Dove

My goal is to organize my photograph's into albums, I started but keep getting frustrated thinking I have to put them into a certain time frame, etc, but ya know what, they are going into the albums in no particular order :LOL:

Next thing would be to start planning my spring garden better because I always choose plants that simply wont work for my area, my bed is too small and I want so many plants, so I have to learn to plan that better.

Next is to organize my attic and chuck stuff!

GB, you have a great goal set for yourself. Not sure what your approach will be, but "diets" dont really work. Portion control, cut down on fried foods if you eat them, and exercise is about all I've found to work. Good luck to you!

I too am hesitant about making resolutions as I more than likely break them,:doh: I am setting a goal for myself to keep this year's resolution. Now that I am in a warmer state, my resolution is to walk at least once a day. I love to be oudoors and lately I have found myself making excuses not to be. Plus, it's healthy. Excercise of any kind is.:bb: Eventually, I think I will run but for now, it will be walking or rollerblading.

Best of luck to those of you have set resolutions and Happy New Year to everyone on DC!!

Amber, this is the first time I have ever needed to lose weight so it is very new to me. For the majority of my life I had been trying to gain weight as I was way too skinny.

My plan is to go on a diet (don't know what kind. I will let my wife pick as we are both doing it) and get into a normal exercise routine at the same time. I plan on trying to cut down on portions as well as finding healthier alternatives to some of the things I make. The diet is to lose the initial weight and the exercise and portion control as well as eating healthier is to keep it off and re-start healthier habits that I can share with my wife and daughter.

Back
Top Bottom