"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I collect fairies or winged creatures, all of which are hanging from various vantage points from the ceilings throughout the house.

I collect miniature shoes and anything else relating to footwear, especially historical footwear.

I collect oversize ornaments, which also hang from various corners of the house and one huge tree branch in my bedroom.

I collect windchimes, which adorn the trees around the house.

How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

i used to collect teddy bears of all kinds. space became a problem so no more no matter how cute and cuddly they are.

got lots of cook books so guess i collect those as well. getting picky about what i buy.

i do collect objects to use in decorating my house. mostly cheap or used . i use these to change up in my house.

babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
Executive Chef
I collect statues of Buddha, copper and bronze Arts and Crafts candlesticks, antique Japanese pottery vases, Virginia Metal Crafters brass leaf dishes, and vintage linen bedding.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
Head Chef
Old menus.
Before criticizing a person, walk a mile in his shoes - then you are a mile away and you have his shoes!
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
Master Chef
I collect things with cherry designs on them. Dishes, glasses, cups, paintings, dish towels, etc..
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
Master Chef
Not anymore. I have so many collections of things it's like my things have me, instead of the other way around.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
Head Chef
I used to collect British historical collectibles (coronation stuff, etc) but when I married my husband a few years ago, he refused to have Queen Elizabeth pictures and tins staring at him from all corners of the house. So basically, I am waiting for QEII to die and then I'm going to sell it all on ebay.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Collecting is a little like eating Lay's potato chips. Betcha can't collect just one...thing.

We collect china, glassware, and silver. We use them as well. The funny thing is, is that when we began collecting these things, the next thing that came to mind was antique table linens to go with. Yep, those, too.

At this point we have three different china patterns with a service for 20 for each and are trying to coordinate glassware and silverware in those quantities to go with. Have done pretty well thus far.

It might sound a bit weird to have a service for 20 of all of our treasures, but there's a method to our madness. When we knock off, each of our 5 children will have a service for 4 of everything.

We also collect silver serving pieces and cobalt glass. There's nothing so pretty as a table set with gleaming silver and cobalt glassware. Add to that a service of rich Blue Willow china....beautiful.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
Master Chef
Hmmm, I used to collect CareBears, stuffed animals, had about 82 at once, animal knick knacks. The only thing I have now is the Indian and wildlife things I have in my living room and my "sister" stuff that I have gotten from my sisters over the years{these are all my favorite collections.}
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 AM   #20
Executive Chef
I collect cats - the real ones!! LOL

Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote