Black Friday Deals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only did Black Friday once when I was in my mid-20s. Vowed to never do it again and haven't. I'm not being a wet blanket or a scrooge but my frugal inner person has always said, "Why must you buy something because it's on sale?'' Just me. There's never been anything I've really needed/wanted bad enough to plan the execution of its acquisition.

By the time you reach my age, more "stuff" is the last thing that's needed. George Carlin would be proud of me.:LOL:

I am with you Katie. I look upon new acquisitions of 'stuff' as just one more item to keep clean.

I miss George Carlin.

This year turned out weird. I only have one person to buy for and the rest of my shopping will probably consist of just buying Christmas cards. Trust me when I say I am NOT going out to get those on a Black Friday. I'm not that far gone yet!

The family has just become way to large for me to afford to buy presents for anyone. So I no longer shop at all for Christmas. I only shop throughout the year for items I need. And I do it all on-line. But it is fun to see what the specials are.

Last year I did all of my shopping online, and will likely do the same this year. I usually know specifically what I'll buy and it's just easy to do it online. Luckily my list of gift recipients is small!

I was shopping online for a couple of years, but then I'd have the stuff mailed to me (paying shipping) and then I'd wrap it, and then I'd mail it out to my relatives (paying postage). I even tried paying Amazon to wrap one year. Naturally, they forgot and the package arrived in its box for everyone to see. So I gave that up.

My mom, on the other hand, thinks that shopping and wrapping and mailing is too much trouble, so she'd just send me a check. I swear, for a while I was thinking of just sending her check back with a Christmas card.

I think from now on I'm celebrating Christmas only once every 5 years. And this ain't the 5th year.

It was weird this season - didn't want much or anything for that matter. Felt really empowering!

I've noticed very few of them this year as well.

Addie, they're not supposed to ask people for money on the way into the store , only for their change on the way out. But I understand how some might not like it.

Back
Top Bottom