"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i too had a bogie. beautiful german shepard. i was in another state. he was with my kids here. he attacked one of my daughter's goats and killed it. she took him to the pound and had him put to sleep. i still have not forgiven her for that. goat was not supposed to be out if dog was.

babe
Well, here we go. You just 'jolted' my memory and very sad one. My one brother who recently married some lady who wanted a dog. My brother's other wife after 35 years of marriage passed away from cancer and never allowed animals around the house. My brother naturally adapted to her way of thinking. He didn't want this second wife to have a dog. However, since I had five dogs, two were my other brother's who got disabled, I asked if they would want them? Naturally she said yes and I told both my brother and his wife to keep them together. Did they? No! The dogs had been together since birth, Bonnie and Clyde. Lhasa Apsa? Just wonderful dogs. She gave one to her son and his wife who had children and other dog she kept for l year. When her son's family got tired of Clyde, they gave him away. When my brother and sister in law got into fight, her son had the Bonnie put down. So now I have no idea if Clyde is still around. I learned if you want to keep something don't trust no one with it. This includes your children too. Who knows what happens if you aren't there? I love my brothers but this really got me and will stay with me always. True, they were my other brother's dogs but I had cared for them for more than couple of years. They were certainly did not deserve to end their lives separated. Not after that length of time. I always say dogs like people they have feelings too. (Some time later my sister in law told me since they lived in country, they took Bonnie out to the back woods and shot her!) Still makes me want to get sick to my stomach. I really truly resent my sister in law for thinking only of herself. If I could take care of five why couldn't she handle two? Well, my brother really picked himself a winner this time. She liked my brother even before his wife died. I guess I can't keep my mouth shut. This is family secret I don't care who knows. Shot the dog! What a low life.

I am sorry to feel this way. I try to get over it. I always ask for help to try to forgive but it just hurts.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
What a low life.

I am sorry to feel this way. I try to get over it. I always ask for help to try to forgive but it just hurts.
The wife did that?! how could a person ever bring temselves to carry out such am atrocity! I'm sorry for your misfortune.

We all have family secrets. And they are all bad in their own way. I have the habit of blabbing our family baggage to anyone who listens. If BF knew that all my coworkers know his baggage he'd kill me!! It is therapeutic for some of us to "share" though (especially for women).

Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
Head Chef

I have a dog named Bogie. Australian Terrier, goofiest looking thing.

Named Bogart, actually, little tough guy with big ears.