"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #661
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

ROFL!!! Therapy Chicken! Great Job! I bet Myrtle does a good breast stroke...

Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #662
Chef Extraordinaire

For those who joined us at a later date than 11/2011

CWS and her Chicken Chronicles have been with us since she first joined us here at DC. We all have come to love Myrtle and the rest of the brood of girls. All of us have sat up all night while CWS rocked one of the girls back to health. We have cried when Foxy Loxy got one of the girls. We were there with the girls when they made it through their first winter. I still don't understand why they didn't like their beautiful hand knitted sweaters. Come spring time, we watched them scratch and dig in the garden looking for bugs and worms. No need to till the soil after they got out there. They were very thorough. No wonder they went on strike for more treats.

Cocky Rocky kept attacking CWS. He had declared war on CWS. He became very vicious toward her whenever she tried to take care of the girls. Unfortunately it became necessary to find another home for him.

Then there were some other setbacks and CWS was unable to find the time to continue with her Chicken Chronicles. It is sure good to see that Myrtle is back. She has taken us on some great adventures. Welcome back Myrtle.

So for those of you newer members who are not familiar with The Chicken Chronicles, I would like to suggest that you go back to page one and catch up on Myrtle and the Girls. Delightful reading! I promise!

Old 05-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #663
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Good one PF!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:34 AM   #664
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Why not a therapy chicken? And she has been invited to a pool party...now I have to figure out how to make a chickini...and for those who haven't read the stories about my girls, I am a little obsessed with the girls and my girls are very happy hens. I do think Myrtle needs more outings...environmental enrichment--for Myrtle and for where she goes!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 AM   #665
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
CWS and her Chicken Chronicles have been with us since she first joined us here at DC. We all have come to love Myrtle and the rest of the brood of girls. All of us have sat up all night while CWS rocked one of the girls back to health. We have cried when Foxy Loxy got one of the girls. We were there with the girls when they made it through their first winter. I still don't understand why they didn't like their beautiful hand knitted sweaters. Come spring time, we watched them scratch and dig in the garden looking for bugs and worms. No need to till the soil after they got out there. They were very thorough. No wonder they went on strike for more treats.

Cocky Rocky kept attacking CWS. He had declared war on CWS. He became very vicious toward her whenever she tried to take care of the girls. Unfortunately it became necessary to find another home for him.

Then there were some other setbacks and CWS was unable to find the time to continue with her Chicken Chronicles. It is sure good to see that Myrtle is back. She has taken us on some great adventures. Welcome back Myrtle.

So for those of you newer members who are not familiar with The Chicken Chronicles, I would like to suggest that you go back to page one and catch up on Myrtle and the Girls. Delightful reading! I promise!
Who knew having chickens could be so much fun. Right now I have 3 girls sitting on eggs...hoping we will hatch some cute little babies soon. Got the batteries charging for my camera--baby chicks are sooooooooo cute.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #666
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Why not a therapy chicken? And she has been invited to a pool party...now I have to figure out how to make a chickini...and for those who haven't read the stories about my girls, I am a little obsessed with the girls and my girls are very happy hens. I do think Myrtle needs more outings...environmental enrichment--for Myrtle and for where she goes!
I think it's a brilliant choice, I was still laughing over her riding in the car with her head out the window!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #667
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Chicken Road Show...
Old 05-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #668
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Chicken Road Show...
Myrtle would like that. She really wanted to ride on the dashboard. And, she was having fun...don't know what she told the others when she got home, but I think they were jealous. I am still chuckling over the image of her on my lap with her head out the window...she was sooooooo cute, if I must say so myself.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #669
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, thanks for you kind words about the girls' stories!

I'm thinking Myrtle needs a "flightsuit." I contacted the company and have to call the guy who sews them with Myrtle's measurements. I'm thinking purple.

Purple FlightSuit | Avian Fashions
Old 05-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #670
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Addie, thanks for you kind words about the girls' stories!

I'm thinking Myrtle needs a "flightsuit." I contacted the company and have to call the guy who sews them with Myrtle's measurements. I'm thinking purple.

Purple FlightSuit | Avian Fashions
Absolutely! She deserves it. After all she is your lead hen. I am excited about the possibilities of more babies. Is there a new Rocky in the yard?

Tags
chicken