"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
Head Chef

Cocaine--the soda

In our area this "cocaine" soda is being sold in roller rinks and other places children and youths frequent:

Cocaine energy drink information, all about the Cocaine Drink

I am outraged. My gf told me about her 12 year old daughter coming home, having sampled this; she was wired until 4 AM. She told her Mom she had tried "cocaine." What do you think? IMO, this is totally reprehensible. How can they allow this to be sold to children?

Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
That is crazy! Beats starbucks coffee!?

Hehehe check this one out.

Energy Drink

Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Sous Chef

OK - This is OK for adults and those who may need some extra energy - as in cramming for tests etc.. BUT I do not feel children should be encouraged to think the use of Cocaine is OK... My daughter and her friends now think that Cocaine is good for them... I explained the difference to them but they do not get it - They think its OK to use as they like the soda and feel that if the soda is that good what would it be like to use the drug itself??? --- I say BOYCOTT!!!! Fighting drug use is hard enough without allowing children to be encouraged to use drugs - legal or otherwise !!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Sous Chef

I am equally appalled.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
I agree. They should just stick with Red Bull. I drunk that at an orchestra festival a year ago. It worked wonders enough.
It was quite funny actually. People saw how awake I was so early in the morning and I could read my music because my eyes werent heavy at all, and my fingers were moving like crazy. It was actually the best I played. The next day there was a large group of other people drinking Red Bulls. :P haahah
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
Executive Chef

I heard about this beverage called "cocaine" about a month ago. It has alot more caffeine than most beverages. The thing for me is how they can get away with calling it by an illegal drug name and selling it to the most popular age group, young teens. Appauling
Old 12-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Defenetly a bad marketing scheme
Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Head Chef

They "interviewed" the creator of Cocaine (the drink) on the Jon Stewart show and they also did a blind taste test with passerbys. it was hilarious. I dont think this drink is going to make any money - but I agree, its shocking to think this could legally be sold as "cocaine, the energy drink".
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
Sous Chef

In a nust shell...I agree with what everyone has said. How appalling!! If anyone knows of a website or anything that I can go to boycott it, please let me know.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
Head Chef

I think it is disgusting on several levels. If it has that much caffeine I don't think it should be sold to minors at all, regardless of the name. Whats next, marketing no-doze to kids using the name Crystal Meth?

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote