Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Do you often recall having a dream? Seems since I have been taking medication, can't remember if I dream or not. Last night I felt rebellious and just thought I am not taking my pills tonight. Had a dream of Robert Redford. Anyone remember him? What made him come into my dream, I do not know. Never have seen movie with him for long time and admit he wasn't someone I wanted to dream about. Well, anyway sure made me feel good this morning to have him seem so kind and sincere to me. We weren't lovers just friends. He just was so willing to spend his time with me. I wish I could dream about something like that again but I have to take the medicine for sure tonight. Don't want to make my doctor upset.

I just would like to know if any of you dream a lot? If you dream about Robert Redford let me know how it happened to you. I wonder who he dreams about? People really don't discuss dreams a lot like they have in the past. Guess tv takes the place of our dreams.

This may be silly writing about this but I can't say I dream that much. Was really a pleasant feeling.

Thanks for your time and sweet dreams whoever he/she may be.

Last edited:
I don't remember too many dreams, but love when I have one with my Mom or Dad in it, (who have passed). I'll wake up and say "it was so good seeing Mom again ! Then I have dreams of people I don't even know ! lol bummer !

I dream almost every night, and I usually remember them. I can usually associate my dreams with things that are going on in my life. OTOH, some are bizarre!

I often remember my dreams, or sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night the dream is fresh in my mind. Sometimes I have nightmares and then it's scary going to the washroom alone in the dark. :)

Sometimes I think about what I'd like to dream about at night, as I lay in bed trying to sleep and it works... sometimes my dreams are related to the last thing that I was thinking about. Doesn't always work, and many times when I wake-up I can't recall my dream so I'm not sure if it worked or not.

I dream a lot, and sometimes have what are called "vivid dreams". In other words, I know that I'm dreaming, but it's just like I'm really there. Some are great, and others are really frightening.

I've also had contact, through my dreams, with loved ones who have passed over. I won't go into detail here, but if you are interested, send me a PM.

I also have a lot of silly, senseless dreams, some of which are really laughable. When I tell my husband, he laughs and says, "Where in the h3$$ did you come up with that one?"

I'm a dreamer....I do lucid dream sometimes as well. I love to dream. I remember my dreams about 80% of the time, but usually only about 5 minutes after I wake up.

ITK - I'm glad you had a good dream. Having Robert Redford in it certainly couldn't have been a bad thing!!!! :)

I dream a lot and remember them. Dreaming can be very freeing or very terrifying. I was having a really bad dream about making this HUGE mess in the kitchen and I hated that I would have to clean it up. But, in my dream I realized I was dreaming so it didn't matter.

Barb L - I dream about my parents too. In my dreams I know they have passed and I know they have just come to visit me and see how everything is going - occasionally I'll get a hug out of them. One time my mother wouldn't "go back". She was starting to be very sick like she was when she was "here" and I kept telling her she had to go back because she would get sick again. I finally had to throw a delicate piece of white lace over her and poof, she went "back" and the lace dropped to the floor. Wonder what that means?

Constance, About 30 years ago I had a dream John Denver was outside my airplane window - he was just smiling at me :ohmy:

Last edited:
I'm a dreamer. Big time. First dream I can remember I was about 5 years old. I also have two reoccuring dreams that I have about 2-3 times per year, for the last 10 years. I also dream in color.

Sometimes they are great, weird, crazy and horribly scary. (I think the scary part is from all the horror movies I have watched since I was a kid!)

But I can say I have never dreamed about Robert Redford!!!

Me too totally insane and also in color very vivid at first it bothered me but now I like them.They are especially crazy sometimes violent or scary in the early morning hours.
But I have a theory that when you dream you are fighting your inner demons and you can actually sort out alot of emotional baggage with your sub conscious so in return your waking life is alot lot less stressful almost nil because you took care of business in your dreams. I also sometimes fly in my dreams really cool.
I know,I know it sounds crazy but thats what I believe.
Like DH says free movies.He gets crazy dreams after eating salmon or pizza.

Last edited:
I dream -- a lot. Considering that I'm an insomniac, it is amazing how many dreams I can have. It isn't unusual for me to wake up after a half-hour of sleep and have had a few dreams that seemed hours, if not days, long. I look at the clock and am shocked.

My mom says she only dreams in black & white. I don't "get" this. Too much TV and movies in her youth? My dreams are like life in color.

I don't put a lot of meaning in my dreams. If anything, I ascribe to the theory that dreams are your sleeping self trying to throw away stuff your brain doesn't need. My fears come out in my dreams, as do some of my aspirations, but also just cr*p. Sometimes someone I haven't seen in decades will show up. Often my baby sister will, and I can read that one very easily. When I was a teenager I was in charge of her (birth through 4 years old) while my mom was sick off & on. Those dreams are just me being concerned for her welfare. I'm 52, she's 39, we live no where near each other, and she is certainly able to take care of herself, and has been for decades. Yet I still dream that she is in danger and I need to "save" her. I also have a lot of dreams about my fear of falling (heights). I dream a lot about all my family members and my childhood. But odd dreams of people I know, and those I don't, people I've seen on TV, etc, are in there. I must have at least 3 dreams a night that I know of.

I forget them after I've been awake for maybe 20 minutes. I've been told I should write them down. Why? Who cares? I really don't believe there is a "deeper meaning" to them. Some I enjoy, some keep me awake for the rest of the night because they are so terrifying. But they are just a part of life.

Last edited:
Looking over the other responses, I have to add that sometimes I am me at various ages) in a dream. Sometimes I am someone else entirely. Sometimes I am just observing, as though I am watching a play.

kitchenelf said:
"Constance, About 30 years ago I had a dream John Denver was outside my airplane window - he was just smiling at me" :ohmy:__________________
Oh, that's a little spooky!

I dream alot. I'm am lucky to have my parents with me but I do dream about my grandparents, especially my dear grandmother that passed away 2 years ago after suffering the ravages of Alzheimer's Disease for over 20 years. I used to dream of her for several years b4 she passed. She was healthy, younger and happy. I awoke from those dreams with the feeling that she was telling me everything was O.K., that she wasn't really in her body anymore. It was comforting somehow.

I dream a lot about water, drowning in water, losing everything to water, etc. Funny, I'm very drawn to the seashore or any body of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barb L said:
I don't remember too many dreams, but love when I have one with my Mom or Dad in it, (who have passed). I'll wake up and say "it was so good seeing Mom again ! Then I have dreams of people I don't even know ! lol bummer !

The problem with most of my dreams, is that, they seem so real. You know how when you wake up and it seems like it REALLY happened? That doesn't just happen accasionally with me, it's almost every night.
When I dream about my mom, it's very painful and it feels like I have lost her all over again each time I wake up from one with her in it. But, boy, when I'm dreaming, it's the most wonderful feeling being with her again!!!
Other times, I dream about dh being stupid and there have been times that I woke up and yelled at him and wanted to knock his head off!! :ROFLMAO: It isn't funny at the time, at least, not to me, but, it is later. DH thinks it's hilarious!!!

jp, I dream of flying too. It's kind of a weird feeling though. I've never even been in a plane LOL

Last edited:
Figure This!

When I was in grade school (long, long ago) I remember I dreamed that i married a guy who was in the school but in higher grade. Of course, I thought he was handsome but he never paid attention to me. Well, that morning I told my mother about the dream. Two months later his grandpa and my grandma were in the same funeral parlor together. That sure had some significance or was it just coincidence? Many times we dismiss things that we assume are just that coincidence.

Have any of you heard of Dr Wayne Dyer, on PBS station? He writes about nothing being coincidence. He tells of story of his good friend passing away and he was really feeling so depressed. Then he speaks of walking on beach and having a butterfly land on his finger and would not leave. It was so wonderful feeling that he immediately related the sign of the butterfly as his friend passing. This exact thing happened to me, no dream. When my mom passed everytime I would go outside after supper this butterfly came around. One time when we were all standing around the butterfly landed on me and no one could explain why it picked me. This would happen for almost whole week. When I started to expect it, it was gone. I will never ever forget that as my mother loved butterflies and maybe some kind of message here. You tell my sister about this and she would tell you I spend too much time alone! WE do have our differences.

Oh, I like John Denver too. Wonder how they appear? I am truly greatful you people remember Robert Redford. I sometimes hesitate to tell anyone for fear of them wondering how old I am. After 50, seems you start looking at thing differently.

Sorry to always be so lengthy when I write. Guess I just feel may be important to someone on way we look at life. Hope i haven't told you all this before. I do have tendancy to repeat things sometimes when they mean lot to me.

Thanks for your time.

i once had this really weird dream about hamsters. i had a hamster cage filled with a bunch of hamsters and there was this one rainbow flashing hamster about the size of a peanut that jumped out and bounced around. it would bounce from my dresser to outside on the fence which was really weird. and i totally remember it. :huh: weird

Bugs said:
i once had this really weird dream about hamsters. i had a hamster cage filled with a bunch of hamsters and there was this one rainbow flashing hamster about the size of a peanut that jumped out and bounced around. it would bounce from my dresser to outside on the fence which was really weird. and i totally remember it. :huh: weird

LOL bugs! Was it singing - Sooomewheeeeaaaaaar oooooover the raaaaaaaainbooooooow...........:mrgreen:

kitchenelf said:
... About 30 years ago I had a dream John Denver was outside my airplane window - he was just smiling at me :ohmy:

I remember that episode. In my dream it was Richard Simmons. :huh:

Last edited:
Bugs said:

I hate hamsters. I had one, and my daughter had one. They are vicious!

Back
Top Bottom