Ever meet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome, who is gonna foot the bill for dinner at MOTO, ot TRU?

Sushi will...he will have a good job and make lots of money.

Dove said:
How many have a passport??
Mine expired in 1973...

I think you can upgrade your passport for $2.....oops that's baseball seats.

Walgreen's has a sign about quick & authentic looking passports. Maybe Sushi can post bail for us at O'Hara! :LOL:

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

I use to say "Now If I were running this mans Navy"....and Paul would answer " We would all be speaking a foriegn language"

Gee Dove, I lived on airfield Mohave. It was my dad's airstrip. Except for the dirt storms, it's not so bad.
(Sandstorms have 80 mph wind; Dirtstorms have tornado's and 100 mph wind)
I don't think we should go there for our trip though. Maybe the glass walkway will be finished and we can go to the Grand Canyon.

I have had the pleasre of meeting Alix, Ken and the girls.....They are an awesome bunch and the girls know how to play ball.....how ever we never got together for food:(.

There are a few that I would like to meet just so I could kick their butts....right MJ?:-p

Actually, if all goes, I may toodle on down to meet him this year.....and then HE can cook for me and feed it to me under the big dipper:wub:

There's a huge line up of people I'd like to meet....too many to list actually

A good place to meet would be Jamaica......you DONT need a passport, its nice and sunny and it would be SO much fun!!!!

tancowgirl2000 said:
A good place to meet would be Jamaica......you DONT need a passport, its nice and sunny and it would be SO much fun!!!!
For those NOT in the great white north, they do need a passport:(

It is now required for ANY travel outside of the U.S. Even to go to Canada, eh.:)

tancowgirl2000 said:
There are a few that I would like to meet just so I could kick their butts....right MJ?:-p

Actually, if all goes, I may toodle on down to meet him this year.....and then HE can cook for me

Right!:-p I'm cookin when you make it down here.:)

under the stars......with a nice cozy blankie? And...ok ok ok!! I'll get there but I have to say, I really dont want your chilli!!! I do but, can you cook me a steak for all the ones you made me burn instead?

I've met and cooked with a number of members from here - Lorraine (lopraine), Billy, ChefJune, Sharon (harborwitch), can't think who else posts on here. We have a great time each time we all meet.

Someone's in Grass Valley???? We just moved from down the road in Weimar a year ago! would love to have met....

My passport is ready to go!

Alix said:
OK, I'd like to vote for meeting in Disneyworld. That way if we hate each other we can at least go on rides and scream our guts out. LOL!

I've met tancowgirl, and Poutine. I feel like I know most of you so well though that if we ever did meet there would be squeals of glee and much wine and giggling.

I like Diney idea.

Actually, I am a member of another borad and we actually had a small picknic last year. There were 4 men that came, well you can imagine how much fun we had, :rolleyes:

Gee this all sounds exciting. Getting together somewhere...somehow....
I am fairly new to this forum but love reading everything. I have yet to meet anyone but would love to. I am in MA. I travel during the summer in an Airstream. I will be heading south to GA in June. Plan to spend time in SC and other places. So I guess I am saying....MA, GA, SC for a quick get together.

:) Theme parks and festivals would be to way to much of a distraction after all we want to see each other I also think cost must be considered because for some folks it would be harder to pay to go somewhere rather pricey rather than some place that is not in season so to take advantage of off season price cuts etc.Getting there may also be a problem for some folks so an elaborate car pool for those who would drive might need to consider picking up someone or 2 on the way to split gas etc.
It could get complicated but I hate to leave anybody out.It would need to be a place with a great airport so if any of our friends around the world wanted to make the trip its easy for them also.Next consider time of year so the weather is more favorable no snow storms etc to hold people up.Next mayby booking a block at an hotel saves money and everyone is in the same place and how many days I think it would take at least 3.
Lastly alot of personal visualization that all will go just as we want it to go.

cjs said:
Someone's in Grass Valley???? We just moved from down the road in Weimar a year ago! would love to have met....

cjs, I go to Grass Valley/Nevada City many times a year. Our Forest Supervisor's office is located there. Just in case you did not know I work for the Tahoe National Forest. In fact, I will be in Grass Valley this coming Thursday (03/22). A couple of weeks ago I spent a week in Sacramento and had lunch in Auburn on my way back up to my neck of the woods. We should meet sometime. I will be going down to Sacramento again around April 9th.

appropriate venues: Manitowoc Wisc...largest kitchenware store; Somewhere else in Wisc is the Wolf factory, and in Miss. is the Viking Factory. Perhaps we should meet at the BettyCrocker or Pilsbury Hall of Fame.
Perhaps best to start regionally.

How many Mid Atlantic members???

cjs said:
I've met and cooked with a number of members from here - Lorraine (lopraine), Billy, ChefJune, Sharon (harborwitch), can't think who else posts on here. We have a great time each time we all meet.
AMEN to that! :chef: Acc ChefJen to my list... :chef:

My passport is ready to go!
My passport is always ready to go! I lead food and wine focused tours... I'm doing one in France in November. Anyone want to go with me? :D

New Orleans would get my vote for where to meet -- but NOT at Mardi Gras OR Jazz Fest. besides, nOLA really needs tourists to help it get back on its feet. IACP is going to be there next April. :D :D :D

imho, DisneyWorld is way too expensive a place to go and to many distractions from why we're there. Getting together would be (I'd think) "The Event!" There's bound to be at least some people you'll want to hang out with!

Back
Top Bottom