"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #31
Head Chef
I would love to meet in Las Vegas - it is a shame that they don't have a Cooking Convention there.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #32
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Alix
OK, I'd like to vote for meeting in Disneyworld. That way if we hate each other we can at least go on rides and scream our guts out. LOL!

I've met tancowgirl, and Poutine. I feel like I know most of you so well though that if we ever did meet there would be squeals of glee and much wine and giggling.
I like Diney idea.

Actually, I am a member of another borad and we actually had a small picknic last year. There were 4 men that came, well you can imagine how much fun we had,

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #33
Head Chef
Gee this all sounds exciting. Getting together somewhere...somehow....
I am fairly new to this forum but love reading everything. I have yet to meet anyone but would love to. I am in MA. I travel during the summer in an Airstream. I will be heading south to GA in June. Plan to spend time in SC and other places. So I guess I am saying....MA, GA, SC for a quick get together.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #34
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to spryte Send a message via MSN to spryte Send a message via Yahoo to spryte
I just got back from meeting a couple of ladies from a different forum!
spryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Vegas would be cool! My passport is ready to go though. :)
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #36
Executive Chef
Theme parks and festivals would be to way to much of a distraction after all we want to see each other I also think cost must be considered because for some folks it would be harder to pay to go somewhere rather pricey rather than some place that is not in season so to take advantage of off season price cuts etc.Getting there may also be a problem for some folks so an elaborate car pool for those who would drive might need to consider picking up someone or 2 on the way to split gas etc.
It could get complicated but I hate to leave anybody out.It would need to be a place with a great airport so if any of our friends around the world wanted to make the trip its easy for them also.Next consider time of year so the weather is more favorable no snow storms etc to hold people up.Next mayby booking a block at an hotel saves money and everyone is in the same place and how many days I think it would take at least 3.
Lastly alot of personal visualization that all will go just as we want it to go.
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #37
Master Chef
Originally Posted by cjs
Someone's in Grass Valley???? We just moved from down the road in Weimar a year ago! would love to have met....
cjs, I go to Grass Valley/Nevada City many times a year. Our Forest Supervisor's office is located there. Just in case you did not know I work for the Tahoe National Forest. In fact, I will be in Grass Valley this coming Thursday (03/22). A couple of weeks ago I spent a week in Sacramento and had lunch in Auburn on my way back up to my neck of the woods. We should meet sometime. I will be going down to Sacramento again around April 9th.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #38
Sous Chef
Well darn!! Where were you a year ago??? We left Weimar last January for Port Angeles, WA.
an old cook, still learning new tricks!
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #39
Executive Chef
appropriate venues: Manitowoc Wisc...largest kitchenware store; Somewhere else in Wisc is the Wolf factory, and in Miss. is the Viking Factory. Perhaps we should meet at the BettyCrocker or Pilsbury Hall of Fame.
Perhaps best to start regionally.

How many Mid Atlantic members???
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #40
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Originally Posted by cjs
I've met and cooked with a number of members from here - Lorraine (lopraine), Billy, ChefJune, Sharon (harborwitch), can't think who else posts on here. We have a great time each time we all meet.
AMEN to that! Acc ChefJen to my list...

My passport is ready to go!
My passport is always ready to go! I lead food and wine focused tours... I'm doing one in France in November. Anyone want to go with me?

New Orleans would get my vote for where to meet -- but NOT at Mardi Gras OR Jazz Fest. besides, nOLA really needs tourists to help it get back on its feet. IACP is going to be there next April.

imho, DisneyWorld is way too expensive a place to go and to many distractions from why we're there. Getting together would be (I'd think) "The Event!" There's bound to be at least some people you'll want to hang out with!

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote