Ever meet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've met the 'bug and her family, and i'm hoping to meet verablue at the 9th ave. food festival in the spring, and tatt, whenever he makes his triumphant return to nyc.

Hi....used to, and still do, belong to "epicurious chat" for, hmmmm, let's see, I think it's about 10 years now. A number of years back we used to have epi get togethers and my husband and I hosted 2, one year after the other. People came from as far away as Calif., Seattle, Okla., and closer from MA. MD(is that short for Maryland?) and Ottawa....t'was great fun and so wonderful meeting folks that we'd been chatting to for years. Getting too long in the tooth (LOL,LOL) to do it anymore, but it was wonderful!!!!!

Well, it seems there is some interest in folks gathering and meeting. I'm going to go start a thread about that.

Oh I just hate it when I've missed a virtual adventure like this one.
What a fun thing to do.
Someone make the plan, the where/when/how/etc and let us all know.
Betcha it'd be much fun and if not attempted, who'd ever know?:cool:
If it's a go, I think we ought to each bring our specialty dish to share at a picnic or whatever, how hard would it be to ship it, really well packed of course, next day air to the hotel? Thinking about it, that idea may not work, how does one reheat etc? Hummm

In rereading this thread, it makes me wonder if we could actually find a place to meet up for dinner. Maybe a mid winter gathering? May have to divide up into area. I am in MA and I have noticed a few others in my area. It would be awesome to have a face with the chat.

Back
Top Bottom