Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone. Quite honestly I don't know how many bad things I can handle. I am reaching my limit.

BTW ate the Red Cross food :angel:

No. FEMA said to homeowners insurance, homeowners insurance said they don't cover flood so we are S.O.L.!

It wasnt a flood, it was a hurricane...I'm so mad right now I could spit!

PM me the name of the Insurance company...I think we need to start a campaign...

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
It wasnt a flood, it was a hurricane...I'm so mad right now I could spit!

PM me the name of the Insurance company...I think we need to start a campaign...

Agree. This is ridiculous.

I just e-mailed the company, will see what happens.
Thank you PF and everyone for the love. We didn't get hit as hard as most in my town. We were fortunate compared to others around us. We still have a home (damaged but livable) while many have nothing. We have been driving around the town. Most of the businesses that employed town folk are closed and boarded up accept for 2 of them which escaped somehow and are open and others are being cleared out/gutted and working on renovations to get up and running as soon as possible. We are a small town and a lot of the people are out of home and jobs for the holidays. :( We lost our drug store and I don't think they will reopen. I feel bad for the school kids that have no school of their own.

msmofet said:
I filled mine the day before Sandy. I will need to switch to shop-rite. The drug store in town had free delivery.

Whew. I wish we could do more. Feel so helpless.

Dawgluver said:
Whew. I wish we could do more. Feel so helpless.

I feel the same Dawg....as I said, there must be something we can do :/ I too feel helpless and there must be many more of see friends dealing with the aftermath....I'm thinking specifically of Bucky Tom......I know he was taking a break, but how do we know that he and his family are okay?

It has been an emotional roller coaster since Sandy hit. Between storm issues/damage and health issues it has really run me down. It has all caught up with me and I wasn't able to sleep last night or eat today (stomach is feeling queasy). I think I am going to play hooky from work today. I lost so much time from work due to the storm (they were out of power for a week) and food poisoning) I don't think 1 more day is going to make it much worse. I think I deserve a day to just decompress (a mental health day).

msmofet said:
It has been an emotional roller coaster since Sandy hit. Between storm issues/damage and health issues it has really run me down. It has all caught up with me and I wasn't able to sleep last night or eat today (stomach is feeling queasy). I think I am going to play hooky from work today. I lost so much time from work due to the storm (they were out of power for a week) and food poisoning) I don't think 1 more day is going to make it much worse. I think I deserve a day to just decompress (a mental health day).

Hope you get your needed rest. Thinking about you.

msmofet said:

You take care, MsM! You indeed deserve a mental health day.

Back
Top Bottom