Grocery Stores Open Christmas Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ayrton said:
I don't know that religious persecution was being implied, although maybe religious ignorance was. Maybe before you rush to pronounce it all "nonsense" you might try putting the shoe on the other foot and try imagining how inconvenienced you'd feel if stores were to remain closed for another religion's major holiday, a holiday that meant zippo to you?
I deleted my reply to Ayrton and sent him a respectful response in a PM.

skilletlicker said:
I deleted my reply to Ayrton and sent him a respectful response in a PM.

Yup. Did.

Only disagreement here is that him's a her! Evidently a butch one!:)

Skilletlicker, you've inspired a change of my avatar!

I hope it will subconsciously transmit a message of curvacious femininity ... although I suppose it could also give people the impression I have an orange afro. Not a pretty thought.

Ayrton said:
Skilletlicker, you've inspired a change of my avatar!

I hope it will subconsciously transmit a message of curvacious femininity ... although I suppose it could also give people the impression I have an orange afro. Not a pretty thought.

C'mon, admit it... you really do have an orange afro... I know for a fact you went to the hairdresser this morning.:ROFLMAO:

Ishbel said:
C'mon, admit it... you really do have an orange afro... I know for a fact you went to the hairdresser this morning.:ROFLMAO:

Dang! You don't miss a trick, do you?!:rolleyes:

Is this a joke?

Just sending a quick message to make sure I can post!

It took me 4 pages to realize this thread was a year old... :ermm: Maybe post in something a little more recent or in the "Introduction" thread to see if you can post :rolleyes:

I used to work at a place with a 24 hour customer service line, open 365 days a tear no matter what. They sold cleaning products and serviced restaurant and hotel dish and laundry machines and the like, so they HAD to be available.
Anyway at first I used to volunteer to work the smaller holidays, Labor Dya, Memorial Day, for the double time and a half. After a couple years, I decided that time with my family was worth much more than an extra $100.

LOL don't I feel like a MORON!!!!!
I posted, then read the whole dang thing, all 3 pages, THEN read from Jeninga that it's a year old!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should drink the whole cup of coffee before I type...
So sorry everyone! I hope all had a wonderful holiday, no matter what you celebrate!

It all began years ago when people simply had to go to the movies on New Year's Day. Then they had to shop on New Year's Day. Then it was imperative to make a purchase of some kind on Thanksgiving morning. Then, for the late wakers, it could wait till Thanksgiving afternoon.

We have people who simply have to shop for christmas gifts until 1 in the morning. Some have to get in there at 6am.

It doesn't surprise me that shop owners want to remain open on the holiday. The people keep going in!!!!:mad:

If people would simply stay home and enjoy the holiday, refusing to frequent any business that feels the need to keep employees working, the owners would lose money and rethink the entire enterprise. As the customer, we apparently permit this to happen. I would sincerely ask that you don't go in for that loaf of bread. You'd make more of a point by staying away.

I worked for the usps for 15 yrs and althrough they never deliver on holidays,they always scheduled 85% work force for that day.We had no choice.There were a lot of people who wanted to spend time with family.There was also a lot of people that worked for the extra money.It made no sense for any of them to be there because there was hardly any mail inhouse.

All Grocery Stores around here close Christmas Day and Boxing Day (26th, celebrated in Canada). But last year a drug store opened up close by and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They have everything in there, including some basic groceries!

I love it when these old ones pop up!

Shannon works at safeway and has to be there on Christmas day..... sigh.....

My daughter used to manage movie theaters, and guess where all those folks who are tired of hanging around with their boring relatives go - out to a movie! She used to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to give her employees a break. We had to schedule our family celebrations around her schedule...sure am glad that is a thing of the past! She is now here in Mexico, living about a mile away from us. NOBODY in Mexico works on Christmas Day. In fact, government offices closed last Friday and will not reopen until after January 6 - Three Kings' Day.

You know, I can remember when most business closed on Sundays....Now their open 24/7, 365 days a year!

Holidays, especially Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc should be spent with family, not tearing through baskets at Walgreens for 75% off garland!!

My sil works for the post office. He'll work til 8 pm on Christmas Eve which makes it too late to join us at our get together. He's home on Christmas day for a change but has to be in bed by 6-7 pm because he goes into work at 2:30 am the next day. This is the first time in 8 years he has off on Christmas day. All because if there are any packages that haven't been delivered he will have to do it. Yes, they will deliver packages on Christmas Day. Some years he has sat and twiddled his thumbs waiting for the main p.o. to bring the packages to him to deliver and they never do!! They wait until the next day and in the mean time he missed Christmas with his kids. Mail your packages early people........

Barb

Back
Top Bottom