Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright....what and where is this?

Attachments

• dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 206
that was a clever picture, I had not seen that vantage point before. I recognized the National Gallery before the Square, where were those lions??

Okay,

the name of the church and city where it dwells.

Attachments

• 489 (2).jpg
    489 (2).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF0477 (2).JPG
    DSCF0477 (2).JPG
    217 KB · Views: 209
Hey mudbug, are we all on the same page? The photo in question is of a church interior.

I had to look Lyons up in my funk and wagnells. You have the correct country but wrong corner. Keep guessing!!

I think I must have seen almost every french cathedrale by now... but not this one.. It's a real hard one, but we will find it! :)

Snoop Puss said:
Might it be Rouen? I hope not. I have no idea how to post photos.

:LOL: :LOL: Snoop Puss, you are safe for now, it is not Rouen. But if you had traveled from Chartres to Rouen, you would have come pretty close to this church on that journey.

Well Done cara:cool: .

I will cut and paste a bit more info on this church.

St-Etienne-du-Mont's interior is 68 meters long and is made up by a five-bay nave with very high sides and lateral chapels. Its remarkable masterpiece is the rood screen, the only one left in Paris, built in 1545, probably by Pierre Beaucorps, which divides also the two main construction periods: the Gothic chancel and the Renaissance nave. Another treasure is a wood pulpit presenting Samson holding a bone in one hand, with a lion at his feet. Beautiful stained glasses can be found in the chapel on the right side of the church.

Not only is its facade different, but its very late Gothic interior has design features not often encountered. There is an (for Paris) unique elaborate rood-screen (an early Catholic device for separating celebrants from congregants during worship). This one is structurally open and gives a complete view of the Altar and Lady Chapel in the apse. Its delicate carving and lateral spiral staircases make the screen a gem. The stonework is amplified by a Flamboyant Gothic vaulting with stalactite pendant keystones and elaborate bosses. The lateral walls as well are innovative with tall wide windows, while a balustrade mimics the design of the screen staircases.

There is an original filigree stone rood screen.

It's your turn cara.........

Back
Top Bottom