Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it took my ages and pages on google-picture-search... :mrgreen:

okay... I'll stay with the churches..

what is this:

Attachments

• scc_1.jpg
    scc_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 195
Wow, phinz, thanks. It's a beautiful place and your picture really doesn't do it justice. Our daughter lived a block or two from it several years ago.

Okay, here goes. What is this and where is it? Not necessary to get it right, but what does it commemorate if you happen to know? Good luck all.

Attachments

• What is this a picture of - 1.jpg
    What is this a picture of - 1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 201
I suppose I'm disqualified for this round of the game. Phooey! Nobody likes me. I'm gonna go out and eat worms.

Forgot - it's winter and all the worms are in their worm dens decorating their Christmas trees. Guess I'll have to go sit in the corner and sulk. Let me know when I can play again.

All I want for Christmans is to play the game....

Poor old "left out" Buck. Sniff, sniff.:(

Katie E said:
Okay, here goes. What is this and where is it? Not necessary to get it right, but what does it commemorate if you happen to know? Good luck all.
It's a floodwall at 100 Broadway Street in Paducah, Kentucky, which overlooks the confluence of the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers. The Wall-to-Wall Mural. The one on the leftmost is Alben William Barkley, who coined the term "New Deal" and Irvin Cobb, The "Duke of Paducah," famous for his opposition of the Ku Klux Klan and defense of the rights of WWI black soldiers. The one in the middle left is The Horse Drinking Fountain, a gift from The Humane Society to Paducah in 1907. The one in the middle right is Fire Station #5 at 17th and Broadway. The one on the far right is The Market House. All commemorate history in Paducah.

Robert Dafford is the artist.

Hey, phinz, guess you did a Google search of flood wall murals. Good job anyway. Buck will be happy that he can play the game again. Perhaps too easy for seasoned players like yourself.

At any rate, the murals are beautiful. There are many more than are shown in the photo. If anyone's ever in the Paducah area, the restored downtown area and the murals are well worth seeing. Plus, there are many, many fine restaurants there, too. No, I'm not a resident of the city, but it's nearby and Buck and I love going there and enjoying all the city has to offer. As a matter of fact, we had one of the best restaurant dinners of our life on Tuesday night at a place in Paducah called B. Russell's. Incredible meal.

Your turn to submit a photo, phinz. Merry Christmas to you and thanks for the correct guess.

Actually, I did a Google search of Kentucky murals, but I had seen pics of them before from an acquaintance who lives in Kentucky. I just didn't remember exactly where they were.

I spent the night in Paducah a little over a year ago (stayed at the exit that has the Applebee's and several hotels) but didn't get to see them, since I was on my way to a funeral and just needed a place to lay my weary head. I'd forgotten that was where they were located.

Here's one. What is this (actual name of the landmark, though you can give me *what* it is in addition, if so inclined) and where is it?

Attachments

• dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 184
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I have tried Dromedary Peak (Utah) and Mt. Dromedary (Australia), but they are definitely not it (at least from the pictures I have found). I'm probably way off, but I'm back to looking!

:wacko: Barbara

Back
Top Bottom