Haunting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone watching the Discovery Channel with the episodes they have on the supernatural? They state at the beginning that they are true stories. Seems that stories with things that are not 100 % fact appeal to me. Can they really know for sure that these entities are from someone's mind? This weekend we got phone call with some elderly person who left message with music from Halloween in the background. Kept repeating over and over that someone didn't talk to her and if they didn't want her around she would still hope that they were okay. Kept talking with the music going. Guess Halloween brings out the strange things in all ways. If I had the number would have called back to tell her we were wrong people. I believe she had just got wrong number but why did she have that music on? I sure don't like Halloween when I am by myself to open the door. Especially if the guys are big.

I've watched bits & pieces of the things on the Discovery Channel, but hubby dosen't like to watch that stuff. I think you're right though & the lady who called you just had the wrong number. Maybe, she was listening to a CD of music from horror movies. I have one that has the theme song from Halloween on it.

Spooky!

crewsk, doesn't it sound spooky? I couldn't determine where I heard the music until they told me. It doesn't have words just a melody. Guess you are better off not watching the ghost stories if hubby doesn't care for it. He is probably wise and thinks to leave well enough alone. I always did like Frankenstein when I was young. But what was worse was Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock? I think that was the name. I even remember who I was with when I first saw it. He was even scarier.

Yes, it does sound spooky even if there is a rational explination for it all. The CD I have is just of the melody, no words. I've had strange things happen to me that can't really be explained but I don't give them a second thought.

Hee hee, well, I never really bought into all that jazz myself until we moved in here.

Every now and then, out of the corner of my eye, I would see Mom (plain as day) walking through the hall either headed to the bathroom or the kitchen only to find out that no one was about at all. I just wrote it off as my mind playing tricks on me and never said anything.

After I married, and my wife and I had moved back in with Mom (she wasn't doing good financially or physically living alone) our daughter came to spend the summer with us. One morning she told me that while she was talking to her boyfriend on Instant Messenger, she thought she saw Grandma looking over her shoulder reading her messages. She slammed IM shut and whipped around only to see no-one there. In fact, no one anywhere. Everyone was asleep.

I quipped "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, we have a ghost in residence" and kinda laughed about it, but then my wife chimed in with "I wasn't going to say anything about this but..." and once we all began comparing stories, we all realized we had ALL seen this ghost at one time or another, and all of us thought it was Mom, except Mom who always thought it was just one of us.

Our Ghost is a thin, little old lady and is really more of a guardian angel than ghost. She wanders about a bit at night but never get's up to anything. She seemed to have a particular interest in our daughters "love-life" (who was 15 at the time) always seeming to read her IM's and at one point even seeming to offer advice by changing something she had typed. :mrgreen:

I saw her again last night actually only come to think of it, it was different this time. I was watching Alfred Hitchcocks Rear Window when I saw, straight on rather than out of the corner of my eye, a shadow go through the hall into the kitchen and heard what sounded like rustling, sorta like when you bump into something but not very hard. I thought it was my wife getting a soda, but then just a few seconds later, my wife opened the bedroom door and came out to tell me something.

Hmm... I wonder if our ghost has friends?
img_187290_0_5a66dc221515c6e72a0b007be6f70090.gif

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
i love watching shows about haunted houses and inns all the time !!
very interesting, especially when you've had some of the same
experiences.

I think I have shared this before but Raven's post got me thinking about it again. When Savannah was born, as most of you know, she was 2 1/2 months premature. Hubby's grandfather was in the hospital & not doing well at the time. Right befor he passed away, he told his nurse that he was going to take care of Savannah. That night, the doctors were able to take her off C-Pap(a machine that helped her breathe but did not breathe for her) & move her up to the advanced room in the NICU (Noenatel ICU). The doctors & nurses said they couldn't explain it but every time she would stop breathing (she had apnea) it was like someone was standind next to her & would nudge her & she'd start breathing again. Before that, the nurses would have to nudge her. Well, a couple of weeks later, we were able to bring her home.

About 2 years ago, Savannah came into my bedroom & saw a picture of PawPaw(hubby's grandfather) on my dresser & she said, "That's my PawPaw. He takes care of me & he siad I would be OK. He said thank you for the picture too."(He was buried holding a picture of hubby holding Savannah) Now, we had never shown her a picture of PawPaw or told her the story of his passing. I asked her how she know that was PawPaw & she said "He was standing next to my bed last night. He wasn't in the funny chair anymore either." (In the picture he was in a wheel chair.) Last summer, he truly was watching over Savannah. She was getting somthing out of the floorboard of my car & it was sitting on a hill. Well, the car door started closing & just before it colsed on her head, a book that was laying flat in the front seat fell & caught the door. The door was about an inch from her head on either side!

To this day, I believe he is watching over her. Too many times things have happened where she could have gotten hurt bdly but something always happens to stop it.

Got me wondering!

This is really strange but very good! Kind I like. Good spirits. They are such comforting thoughts to know someone you love is still around. I have that feeling often but dismiss it for fear someone will really question my sanity. The majority of people don't care to discuss this. I am really happy others here can relate to my liking the 'unknown'. I sure would like to stick around some way when i go, wouldn't you? I would always be sure to keep my thoughts to a higher power to have acceptance of what I experience. But when they are good how can that be a fault? Once I started writing on a site and the person admitted that they were into witchcraft. When I wrote about my feelings of faith, they supported the way I felt and encouraged to continue. You think if they were in a bad cult they wouldn't write about sticking to my belief? It sure shocked me!

Back
Top Bottom