"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #111
Senior Cook

We have two in the driveway and two in the garage and 4 single engine airplanes in the hangar. In the driveway is a small Mitshubishi we call Betsy. She is our airport car. Then there is the Ford truck, with two gasoline tanks, very expensive to run now what with the price of petrol going up almost everyday. My car has no name yet as it is still brand new to me but it is one of those latest Acura with all the bells and whistles which my dog and I use. Of course I drive and my dog "protects" it. My husband's luxury car is beside mine called Silvergirl, a MB SLK350. My airplane is now undergoing an annual checkup. It is a single engine Luscombe 1946 called Silveraire. My husband's airplane is another 1946 vintage Swift he also calls Silvergirl, just like his MB. And two other airplanes are renters of space in our hangar. I am an aerial photographer. I use my airplane to take photos, hence I have it for work. It is not as fast as my DH but it is useful to me. Hubby is a vintage plane fanatic.

--Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Cooper'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #112
Assistant Cook

We have two. I worked when we were married, and my husband has always sold cars. That means not only do we get a good deal, but he works 12 hour days. And with two children, I'm not driving out at 9pm at night to pick him up at work.

I do however try to plan my trips to be more efficient, and get more done in one outing.

My neighbors, however, have a flippin car lot in their driveway, the road in front of the house, the road in front of the neighbors house.