Is a nurse or a doctor on duty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tumblr_mjf5qoz4NF1s4m09xo1_500.gif

Speaking of Fester...

Last edited:
CharlieD.... don't listen to those guys! idiots! :LOL: but, oh shucky darns, there are some funnies!

let us know how you make out, please?

ps
S.L.O.B. - I really like your self-portrait!

Last edited:
No peroxide. My cousin cut the tip of her finger off a few years ago. Unfortunately, she's a professional church organ player. This did not bode well. As I recall, she bandaged it up well and used one of those stiff braces that protects the end of her finger. It took a long time to heal.

If it's infected, you do need to go to the doctor. Urgent Care might be able to advise, and they're quicker than a dr. appointment. They can also give you antibiotics, soaks, etc. if you need them.

Tony Iommi cut the tips of his fingers off in a work accident and the sound of Black Sabbath was born.

With $6000 deductible (per family) on our insurance I kind of became choosie when i go to the doctor. It's more weird looking than anything. Doesn't really hurt anymore. It is not hot, it is not red. It just feels that it is healing around the edges, but not inside.

Thank you everybody for the input.

Speaking about this video only. Well, I appreciate recommendations not to use H2O2, but I'm sorry washing an open wind with soap and water not always exceptebl (sp?).

Speaking about this video only. Well, I appreciate recommendations not to use H2O2, but I'm sorry washing an open wind with soap and water not always exceptebl (sp?).

You can also wipe it very carefully with a damp washcloth. I've cut my fingers several times over the years in the kitchen. I hold a wad of paper towel against it till it stops bleeding, wipe it carefully, put antibiotic cream on a Band-Aid, then put the Band-Aid on the cut.

Hydrogen peroxide damages skin cells and doesn't really do much that's helpful. An antibiotic cream is more effective.

CharlieD. yes then you do and get a saline wound wash or wound wash with Aluminium acetotartrate.

I am machinist, I cut my hands all the time on sharp metal, mostly minor scratches, but I have had few ones over the years that had to be stitched up. You just can't wash those wounds. I know medicine learns new things all the time. And there are those antibiotic wipes instead of H2O2 in the first aid cabinet, I wish there was a bottle of that stuff. I asked the guys the takes care of First Aid, he says the reason they don't have it in the bottles because there have been case people drinking this stuff getting poisoned and suing the companies. And guess what, with our ingenious court system companies had pay, just like guns, they shoot by themselves you know. So that is why there are only wipes, or so he says. H2O2 been used for ages and it works. If you cannot use that you cannot use antibiotics either because antibiotics kill good bacteria.

H2O2 been used for ages and it works. If you cannot use that you cannot use antibiotics either because antibiotics kill good bacteria.

H2O2 have different methods of action and have nothing to do with each other. The fact that antibiotics kill good bacteria doesn't mean we don't use them when necessary. People can lose limbs and even die from bacterial infections. They can recover from temporarily using antibiotics. And we're talking about an external use of antibiotics, unless, of course, you end up with tetanus or sepsis.

Tony Iommi cut the tips of his fingers off in a work accident and the sound of Black Sabbath was born.

I did not know that. My cousin should have auditioned for Black Sabbath.

Charlie, my understanding is that H2O2 can kill healthy cells surrounding the injury. It's really good for taking out blood stains though.

Last edited:
H2O2 hasnt been used here since we figured out it can make wounds worse,since it destroy the tissue that should be there to heal the wound.

We use either saline wash or Alsol sprit ( it translated to Aluminium acetotartrate), because it cleans out wounds but doesnt make bacteria resistant against antibiotics .

Alsolsprit is really good on drying out puss and speeding up the recovery.

As far as I know hydrogen peroxide is used in such diluted form that it cannot affect the wound or the cells around. We are talking maybe 2%. At least that's what it was in Russia. Anything stronger and you can make bomb with that. Definitely a safety issue.

Well if you listen to the video, the way it works to kill bacteria means it also kills humans cells, it not selective which cells it kills.

So if it doesn kill your cells, it wont kill bacteria either.

I still don't see how you can use soap and water on an open wound. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe I am so used to the idea of H2O2 being used that it is hard to switch.
Next time I see a doctor I am going to ask what they use in an emergency situation. Small scratch is not really a good indicator of what to use.

P.S. Just to let you know what happened with my cut. I pulled the edge that was healing of and there was no pus, but the inside was somehow not healing, it was dried out. Weird. I let the skin basically hang. and now couple of days latter the whole thing dried out. I just snap the whole dry part off. I'm perfectly fine. Thank you for all the advice.
on to the next cutting project starting up tomorrow morning. Passover is coming, a lots of cooking are planned for the next couple of weeks.

I still don't see how you can use soap and water on an open wound. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe I am so used to the idea of H2O2 being used that it is hard to switch.
Next time I see a doctor I am going to ask what they use in an emergency situation. Small scratch is not really a good indicator of what to use.

Charlie, there are options other than H2O2 or soap and water for cleaning wounds. I said before that I press on it with a cloth till it stops bleeding, then wipe it gently to clean.

Back
Top Bottom