Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm working my way through "From Sea to Shining Sea" that was recommended here. It is a wonderful read. I find myself googling things that come up in the book, looking for old maps and other historical references when I"m not reading the book. Great stuff!

I'm so pleased you're enjoying it jabbur! I found myself doing the same. I think it would be wonderful extra credit reading in an American History class.
Since I finished it I'm having a hard time finding anything that holds my interest like that did. Sometimes reading a really remarkable book can spoil you!

Just started the first Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child. Shrek says I growled at him when he tried to get my attention.
I envy you, having that series yet to read! "Gone Tomorrow" is one of the best, but I enjoyed every one of them. AND I'll probably watch the movie... but Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is such a STRETCH. so to speak:)

I'm reading George Takei's new ebook, Oh Myyy! There Goes the Internet. I'm really enjoying it and glad I got the pre-sale version. It's quite funny.

I'm reading George Takei's new ebook, Oh Myyy! There Goes the Internet. I'm really enjoying it and glad I got the pre-sale version. It's quite funny.

I was gonna order it, is it still presale?

I'm on "Dog On It".

I envy you, having that series yet to read! "Gone Tomorrow" is one of the best, but I enjoyed every one of them. AND I'll probably watch the movie... but Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is such a STRETCH. so to speak:)

My thoughts exactly, especially considering the book's description of him. I was thinking someone more like Daniel Craig.

Shrek is reading, Gone Tomorrow, right now. He's enjoying it. Thanks so much for responding, now I know who to thank for the suggestion. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And Tom Cruise was a very poor choice...

JoAnn L. said:
I am reading "A Christmas Story" by Jean Shepherd. It's the book that inspired the film.

I love the movie and the book, "in God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash". It was my understanding that this is the book that the movie was based on.

I love the movie and the book, "in God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash". It was my understanding that this is the book that the movie was based on.

On the inside back cover of this book it says--Jean Shepherd was the creator of the popular film A CHRISTMAS STORY, which is based on his books IN GOD WE TRUST: ALL OTHERS PAY CASH and WANDA HICKEY'S NIGHT OF GOLDEN MEMORIES and OTHER DIASTERS. Jean Shepherd passed away in 1999.

JoAnn L. said:
On the inside back cover of this book it says--Jean Shepherd was the creator of the popular film A CHRISTMAS STORY, which is based on his books IN GOD WE TRUST: ALL OTHERS PAY CASH and WANDA HICKEY'S NIGHT OF GOLDEN MEMORIES and OTHER DIASTERS. Jean Shepherd passed away in 1999.

Ok. Thanks. I thought I was loosing my mind.

I just started The Last Temptation of Clarence Oddbody. It' a take on the movie It's a Wonderful Life. Thought it would be good for Christmas.

With all this talk about George Takei, I checked my used book seller, and found 2 of his books to order. He has such a great sense of humor. I received one, a scifi story written with Asprin, but picked up a David Baldacci Absolute Power and got hooked.

The other George Takei book is an autobiography, which I'm hoping will be in my mailbox today. I'm really looking forward to reading that one.

Back
Top Bottom