Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always have a few going but, the latest is London At War 1939 -1945 by Philip Ziegler. It provides a very real glimpse of life in that city during the war.

Well I love to read inspirational books. Im reading the Above The Line Series by Karen Kingsbury. Just love her books of faith and real life issues.

Title: Fury, by Salmon Rushdie. Wish I "got" all his references. I feel stuff flying over my head; still liking it.

Also, Silence of the Grave, a novel by Arnaldur Indridason - detective work in Iceland. Interesting.

I'm reading Hangman by Faye Kellerman. It's good, but going fast.

I'm glad it is a fast read because I got the last 3 books I ordered, one by Anne McCaffrey, another by Alan Dean Foster and the last a one book trilogy by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Wow you sound like me. Im on the third book of the series im reading but I have to go get the last one. But I got 4 books from my club as well.

Wow you sound like me. Im on the third book of the series im reading but I have to go get the last one. But I got 4 books from my club as well.

What series are you reading? Yeah, I'm in book heaven. I got a total of 6 books I ordered from Abe Books. If my current book weren't so good, I'd put it down and wallow in my old favorites.:LOL:

Have u heard of Karen Kingsbury? It above the line is the name of the series. Not top happy that I don't have the last book of the series lol but I have a total of 5 books other than the one im on. Reading relaxes me. I would rather ready than watch TV.

GB: Yes, we are watching. I think the show is amazing... very well done. The book is filling in some of the detail nicely. This one seems as close to the book (as far as I have read) as any adaptation I have seen.

PF: I got it on the Kindle. Who buys DTBs anymore? :mrgreen:

I found it funny that Amazon has the books for $8.99 each or you could buy the set of 4 for $35.99. I understand with DTB you get a nice box and it all looks like a set, but on the Kindle? Bah. Want to charge me an extra $.03 to grab em all at once? Bah.

I love my DTB. They fill up my bookcases better than a kindle and don't need batteries.:LOL:

No batteries on the Kindle, it comes with a rechargeable...I've had it for 6 months, plugged it in three times, so far. It goes with me everywhere, I use it at work (5 nursing books) as much as I read it at home. I am currently hauling a library of 27 books with me everywhere I go.:ROFLMAO:

My work bag is much lighter these days.:angel:

Well im ok with the books I get. Maybe I should ask my husband for one lol

I resisted buying one for a long time. It wouldn't be worth it for me if I couldn't include my nursing and drug books. And I still have stacks of books all over that need to be read.:ROFLMAO:

I just finished David Baldacci's Absolute Power and started The Deeds of the Disturber an Amelia Peabody mystery by Elizabeth Peters. I've been considering a Kindle. I'm waiting for it to come down some in price to the $100 range. When they came out with the $114 I was about to jump on it until I realized it had ads on it. Figure I get hit with enough of those on TV, newspapers, junk mail and magazines. Don't want it with my books!

Back
Top Bottom