Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward. What a hoot. When I went to the library last week I bought only "light" mysteries, but this was unexpected! Fun.

Lets see...I've got Trickster's Choice on the go, Glass Castle still in progress, and I opened Counterfeit Magic. I'm weird. They're all different genre and sometimes I need to change stuff up.

Glass Castle is a great book, well written, but sad that is it true.:(

well, my nook reader crapped out, and right in the middle of rocker patti smith's memoir, just kids, that i was soo into reading. bummer. i've had this nook for what, all of three or four months, now....i'm testing the battery first before b&n will take any action to provide me with a new reader. hey, just maybe restarting the battery will work for me! i'm such a pessimist. if anything ever turns out right for me in my world, i'm wildly, ecstatically surprised and full of unimaginable glee!! but that won't happen in this case--i just know it....

i finished "icy sparks" last night about midnight. as of the moment i have nothing new in the house. packed up the books for mail and phoned the library for more. we probably get them on thurs. friday at the latest. i did order the "glass castle" that patty1 recommended.

I have 3 books going. "The Catcher in The Rye". I don't see where it is so great. I can't get pasted chapter 2. Janet Evanovich " Sizzling Sixteen". I keep getting preoccupied. "No Angel" My Harrowing Undercover in the Hells Angles. It is slow., Interesting though.

Since I'm always enthused by both film & literature concerning the good old "Cosa Nostra", I just recently began Underboss - Sammy "The Bull" Gravano's Story of Life In The Mafia by Peter Maas. So far it's interesting, but since it's true & not a novel, can be a little confusing at times with all the different names tossed around. Thank God there won't be a quiz when I finish - lol!

Since I'm always enthused by both film & literature concerning the good old "Cosa Nostra", I just recently began Underboss - Sammy "The Bull" Gravano's Story of Life In The Mafia by Peter Maas. So far it's interesting, but since it's true & not a novel, can be a little confusing at times with all the different names tossed around. Thank God there won't be a quiz when I finish - lol!

I could build you a quiz if you really want one!!!:rolleyes:

i'm happy to report that i was wrong (again!), and my nook came back to life! :) the battery just needed a little out-of-body experience for a while, but is now reconnected, recharged, and back on the job. i am happily back to reading my patti smith book and all is well. you know, i may be a real debbie downer, but i rarely suffer from letdowns involving unmet expectations, and once in a while, like today, i am pleasanty surprised by good news....:):)

The Handcrafted Letter - Diane Maurer-Matheson

Dust cover line, "Get inspired, find your voice and create unique projects to keep in touch."

The Food of a Younger Land by Mark Kurlansky

A collection of short items written as part of a WPA project. They deal with American foodways in various areas of the country.

I am about to start "Lake Wobegon Days" by Garrison Keillor. I read it in the 80s and loved it. My copy is still in California, but I found a copy in excellent condition at a yard sale for 50 cents. Cheaper than shipping. :LOL:

I am about to start "Lake Wobegon Days" by Garrison Keillor. I read it in the 80s and loved it. My copy is still in California, but I found a copy in excellent condition at a yard sale for 50 cents. Cheaper than shipping. :LOL:

I read it last year... I think it's great, particularly if you've ever listened to the radio program!

vitauta said:
i'm happy to report that i was wrong (again!), and my nook came back to life! :) the battery just needed a little out-of-body experience for a while, but is now reconnected, recharged, and back on the job. i am happily back to reading my patti smith book and all is well. you know, i may be a real debbie downer, but i rarely suffer from letdowns involving unmet expectations, and once in a while, like today, i am pleasanty surprised by good news....:):)

Yay! :clap: Sometimes a shutdown or battery pull works wonders on any of our high tech stuff.

Will check out Patti Smith on Kindle!

Btw, after upgrading ITunes on my Ipad, my DC app showed only a dark screen! Much gnashing of teeth and ripping of hair. Did a hard restart and it is now working fine!

Last edited:

Nice, it's about time I re-read it, too!

I read it last year... I think it's great, particularly if you've ever listened to the radio program!
My mom and dad had a few sets of the radio program on tape. I loved listening to them, and when I read his work I always "hear" it in his voice! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom