Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thing here in the US we do not appreciate, is the British shows we get are the cream of the crop. When we were in England, one of the more exciting shows we watched was sheep herding, and another one on lawn bowling!
BTW, Addie, the name of the show is Downton Abbey

Here in reality TV USA there's been a bunch of veterinarian shows popping up. I pass on "The Amazing Dr. Pol" as he has his arm up too many animals , but hey....that's needed.

Here in reality TV USA there's been a bunch of veterinarian shows popping up. I pass on "The Amazing Dr. Pol" as he has his arm up too many animals , but hey....that's needed.

Now I like Dr. Pol. That is probably due to my working with the 4-H kids and their animals. I can understand how serious it is when something is wrong with one of the animals. Each one of the cows can be worth thousands of dollars if they are selling the milk to a coop. And if the cow dies on the farm, the meat is useless. They can't sell it then. :angel:

I haven't watched a network TV show in many years.
So, I haven't the slightest idea about the shows mentioned above.

But I also am quite happy about TV as some of my favorites are back on this year.
Gold Rush and Alaska The Last frontier are just two of about 3-4 shows I will be watching.

I never watch shows about talent of any kind. So none of the "Voice' thing or dancing with whatever shows.
My wife does like them so i guess its a girl thing?

But I also am quite happy about TV as some of my favorites are back on this year.
Gold Rush and Alaska The Last frontier are just two of about 3-4 shows I will be watching.

I never watch shows about talent of any kind. So none of the "Voice' thing or dancing with whatever shows.

My daughter has never missed a season of Dancing with the Stars. If you know here, then you do not call her on Monday night at 9 and there after. You will have to live with her wrath. Even when she was on chemo and so sick, she made sure she didn't take her meds until after the show was over that night. Then she would start her regimen the next morning. :angel:

Not a girl thing RB..my SousChef likes watching Dancing with the Stars with me. For me it's the dancing, for him I'm sure it's the costumes on those beautiful bodies. :ermm: He's married, not dead. ;)

Then there are some of us who see cable shows only when we borrow discs from the library. ;) We do that often, since we cut the cable cord nearly 30 years ago, dropping it when our kids started school and got busy with sports and scouts and stuff. We happily picked-and-chose our TV shows from what we can get over the airwaves with our 8' antenna in our attic. Since the conversion to a digital signal, we are able to choose from nearly 20 unique station offerings - even more are available, but I didn't include the duplications, Spanish language or shopping stations. We used to watch shows on Hulu or NPR until our computer got sick, but we have yet to replace her motherboard. Got almost 15 years from the first one, so we can't complain. Himself will get around to it this winter, since we tend to hibernate when the weather gets bad. We read, too - a LOT! I think that's one reason the motherboard hasn't been replaced; Himself is having a great time reading books since he got his tablet and can pick and chose from the library and lots of other places. Free is good.

Not for this "girl"! :LOL: I'm an avowed non-fan of any show that is advertised as "competition" or "reality". I even channel-flip or hit the mute button when the ads come on.

I love Survivor, Amazing Race, and The Voice. DH will watch Voice with me, he has a bit of a music background. He's tried to put up with the other two, but usually there's a game on at the same time, so that takes priority.

I'm one of the few left on the planet who has never seen Survivor, Amazing Race, or DWTS. :ohmy: No particular reason, I just never got into them. I like The Voice, but just watch it occasionally.

I've seen every single episode of Grey's Anatomy from the beginning and even though it's declined over the years, I'm sure I'll watch it till it goes off the air. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm hooked on Blindspot now. Wow. That's a gripper so far.

Last edited:
One of my favorite musicals is "Paint Your Wagon". Anyone else love the Amazon commercial with Lee Marvin's "I Was Born Under a Wandering Star" and looking at the little poodle mix with a cast?

One of my favorite musicals is "Paint Your Wagon". Anyone else love the Amazon commercial with Lee Marvin's "I Was Born Under a Wandering Star" and looking at the little poodle mix with a cast?
It's one of the few commercials we leave the audio on for! If I'm in the kitchen and Himself is watching it in the living room, I join right in with singing. In the same key as Lee Marvin (or his voice-over). I'm glad no one told my choir director I can hit those notes. When I was in choir I sang 2nd soprano and liked it since it was the melody. I have trouble singing harmony...

Also one of MY favorite musicals and I stop what I'm doing to sing along. I also have the Lee Marvin version on my computer so I can listen to it whenever I want. I had it as an earworm the other day, just let it play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9eCRisbDo

Last edited:
Love it, PF!

CG, I've always been an alto. I too sing it in the same range as Lee Marvin. (Guess that would be contralto.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom