Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's show. AMC's Hell On Wheels.

This will be it's last season. Curious to see how they will play out the characters.

After that maybe we'll watch The American West. Seems like an interesting show. If not, I'm taking my remotes, turn off the tv and going to bed.:LOL:

Dark Forest Justice

Have any of you seen Dark Forest Justice? It takes place in Western Washington State in the Olympic National Park.

I went there once with some friends. Spooky is a nice word for it. I tried to go into the woods with my friends, made it in about ten feet and headed right back to the road. Moss everywhere, dark, damp, eerie beyond belief. I was warned about mountain lions, coyotes, and other wide life. That is all I needed to hear. I love the countryside, but this is more country than I ever want.

So while I am standing near the car, I see a huge owl just gliding over my head. Never even hear it approach. Then after a few more minutes, a full grown Bald Eagle flies overhead. The sight of that bird just took my breath away. Saw some smaller wildlife crossing the road. Okay, I have seen enough. I want out of here. The rest of the group showed up about five minutes later with a pail full of mushrooms.

So I am looking at Episode 3. Watching these folks head into the woods brought back all those feelings of fear I had that day. My heart is pounding like mad. But I can't look away. I watched Episodes 1 and 2 and had the same reaction. This program has me hooked. Tonight they are looking for some human bones. And it is pretty deep into the woods. They also are tracking down illegal tree harvesting. Because it is a tropical forest, it is constantly raining mist. That only adds to the eeriness of the place. But I will keep watching this series and try to get a grip on myself. It is on the Discover Channel. :angel:

Watching Rizzoli and Isles, I can't believe they are cancelling the show. That's the second one this season. I practically don't even care about any other shows, though I do watch plenty.

Have any of you seen Dark Forest Justice? It takes place in Western Washington State in the Olympic National Park.

I went there once with some friends. Spooky is a nice word for it. I tried to go into the woods with my friends, made it in about ten feet and headed right back to the road. Moss everywhere, dark, damp, eerie beyond belief. I was warned about mountain lions, coyotes, and other wide life. That is all I needed to hear. I love the countryside, but this is more country than I ever want.

So while I am standing near the car, I see a huge owl just gliding over my head. Never even hear it approach. Then after a few more minutes, a full grown Bald Eagle flies overhead. The sight of that bird just took my breath away. Saw some smaller wildlife crossing the road. Okay, I have seen enough. I want out of here. The rest of the group showed up about five minutes later with a pail full of mushrooms.

So I am looking at Episode 3. Watching these folks head into the woods brought back all those feelings of fear I had that day. My heart is pounding like mad. But I can't look away. I watched Episodes 1 and 2 and had the same reaction. This program has me hooked. Tonight they are looking for some human bones. And it is pretty deep into the woods. They also are tracking down illegal tree harvesting. Because it is a tropical forest, it is constantly raining mist. That only adds to the eeriness of the place. But I will keep watching this series and try to get a grip on myself. It is on the Discover Channel. :angel:

The show is actually Dark Woods Justice.

There was another show on for a while about the game wardens in Washington state. They pretty much covered the entire state, but a few times I saw them driving down a road near here. I don't know if they cancelled this show or not.

There's also Northwest Law, a show that focuses on the game wardens of Maine. I really like that one.

The Olympics are actually a rain forest, so maybe that contributed to why you felt the way you did.

Last edited:

There was another show on for a while about the game wardens in Washington state. They pretty much covered the entire state, but a few times I saw them driving down a road near here. I don't know if they cancelled this show or not.

There's also Northwest Law, a show that focuses on the game wardens of Maine. I really like that one.

The Olympics are actually a rain forest, so maybe that contributed to why you felt the way you did.

We really enjoyed The Legend of Mick Dodge that took place in the Olympic rain forest, but sadly It's been canceled now.

I looked for Dark Woods Justice on Discovery, and it seems to have also gone the way of being canceled and no longer available. Bummer.

I watched the final episode of Mike and Molly tonight. Then fell asleep about five minutes before the very end. But I will catch it on reruns I am sure.

I just loved the season's ending of Big Bang Theory. Also Doc Martin. :angel:

Well, I did catch the full final episode on rerun. I do wish they had continued the series. It would have been a howl seeing these two misfits raising a baby while she is pregnant in her first pregnancy in that crazy household. Nothing like bursting at the seams! :angel:

Returning the favor. North Woods Law. I am a sucker for any show that shows caring for animals.

Dark Woods Justice is just scary. Even the wardens that work it admit it when they are on foot. The one time I went there was once too many times for me. I couldn't wait to get out of there, cross over and get back on I5. :angel:

Anyone watching the Olympics? I receive NBC Sports second cable channel covering the Olympics. It's usually live, whereas NBC's prime time coverage is sometimes taped.

I've been sampling it all. I'm into indoor volleyball matches since I played organized and beach volleyball in my youth. I've been catching a lot of live volleyball and other live Olympic events on NBC's other sports channel. I think it's called NBC Sports or something.

Volleyball is the number 2 sport in Brazil. No wonder the arena has been packed with spectators for volleyball matches, both men's and women's.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the Olympics? I receive NBC Sports second cable channel covering the Olympics. It's usually live, whereas NBC's prime time coverage is sometimes taped.

I've been sampling it all. I'm into indoor volleyball matches since I played organized and beach volleyball in my youth. I've been catching a lot of live volleyball and other live Olympic events on NBC's other sports channel. I think it's called NBC Sports or something.

Volleyball is the number 2 sport in Brazil. No wonder the arena has been packed with spectators for volleyball matches, both men's and women's.

I watched the equestrian events, diving for men and women, and the golf for men. That's about it. I prefer the winter edition. :angel:

I've also loved the volleyball, especially the beach. The swimming and girls gymnastics have also been favorites. I care nothing at all for the track and field however.
I'm ready for it to be over now though.

I watch the diving, swimming, and gymnastics. Don't care for volleyball.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the gymnastics. I used to do them as a budding teenager. When my granddaughter was taking dancing, she was quite young. She had a hard time mastering the cartwheel. My daughter was stunned when I did a couple of them. I worked with my GD and in just two days my GD was doing cartwheels like a pro. :angel:

An athletic sock has more in common with the Olympics than I do...did watch Biles in gymnastics, she's so cute and confident.

Back
Top Bottom