Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss Leonard Nimoy...

He was born in the West End of Boston. Just prior to his passing, a Boston Channel did a special with him walking through there talking about growing up in that area. It was really interesting to watch.

Then about a month later he had died. What a shock. :angel:

I watched the premiere of Designated Survivor last week - tonight is the 2nd one and I'll be tuning in for sure. This series looks like it's going to be a good one, IMO.

(I know.....it's odd to want to watch a political series in the midst of...well, need I say more....:wacko:)

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw

Last edited:
Designated Survivor

We forgot to watch the Pilot last Wednesday, Cheryl, but we did go ahead and watch tonight's episode. From the online summary, I figured we could follow the story line easily enough.

It is good, isn't it? Kinda makes you wonder, though, if that would be the only solution to getting the government back on track. :ohmy: Too drastic for my tastes, for sure.

Kiefer Sutherland - that apple sure didn't fall far from the tree. Himself and I loved watching movies with Donald Sutherland in them.

...(I know.....it's odd to want to watch a political series in the midst of...well, need I say more....:wacko:)...
Actually, we watched "Brain Dead" on CBS during the summer. It was one of those short, 13-episode summer filler shows and It Was Hilarious! Bugs invading the brains of politicians on Capital Hill? Explains EVERYTHING! :ROFLMAO:

CG....:ROFLMAO: Yep, that would explain it! LOL

Yes, Kiefer is excellent in this series so far. I love how he switches seamlessly between the loving family man, dealing with the humble doubts of having the presidency thrust upon him, and sticking to his guns against the strong willed General regarding the attack. Good show.

If you or anyone else would like to see last week's pilot, here it is. It's about 43 minutes long.

Designated Survivor: Series Premiere: Pilot - Watch Season 1 Episode 01

(hmmm....there seem to be intermittent blurry scenes in the video - don't know whether it's from the site or just on my 6 yr. old laptop....)

Last edited:
Cranford is a ten year old BBC show but I just discovered it tonight on Amazon.
Judy Dench, the butler for Downtown Abby, the postmistress from Lark Rise to Candleford. I'm hooked.

Did anyone watch "Indian Summers" on PBS?

No, but I have been following Poldark. Also the Durrells of Corfu. Begging time is coming up. So the Durrells will have the finale this coming Sunday.

When it is begging time, you get may 40 minutes out of the hour if you are lucky, and the rest of the time is begging for money. So I don't get into any shows that go into that mode. But the good news is that the new season for Doc Martin should be coming up soon.

He was born in the West End of Boston. Just prior to his passing, a Boston Channel did a special with him walking through there talking about growing up in that area. It was really interesting to watch.

Then about a month later he had died. What a shock. :angel:
I didn't realise that he had died.

Cranford is a ten year old BBC show but I just discovered it tonight on Amazon.
Judy Dench, the butler for Downtown Abby, the postmistress from Lark Rise to Candleford. I'm hooked.
There's a new "Cranford" about to appear on UK television.

I didn't realise that it was only 10 years since the last one - seems longer

I didn't realise that he had died.

Mad cook, he used to come back to Boston anytime he had a length of time between gigs. He would come back home and tie up with the men he grew up with. Walk into any bar in the Boston Garden area, and if he was there even with friends, he would gladly sign autographs for anyone who asked. He never forgot who he was or where he grew up.

Dead or Alive? - Main Page

You can look up any one you want and find out if they are alive or dead.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to be excited about TV these days, I only ever get to see a show I like every other week. Maybe I should stop watching altogether and wait for the whole season of each on Amazon Prime.

Lol.
Actually, I email the Nielsen corp often, or I should say they send me an email when their info is incorrect on one of our shows.

Hey Buckytom, I really appreciate the networks that allow you to stream the last two or three shows without a subscription or monthly fee. I think NBC and CBS still do it.
Just in case you have a chance to pass the word up the line. ;)

LOl, OK, will do.

I work on our relatively new VOD (video on demand) department almost every night. We record primetime, then edit and send it to all of the cable, sat, and internet providers. It's a new and constantly growing system with tons of IT type problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom