Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG, it seems to be the kind of the same issue here - the standard PBS plus another one (both out of Los Angeles), but neither one are airing 'createtv' out here. Shame, I would have DVR'ed that marathon.

We're switching from Dish Network to Spectrum next month. Anyone else use them or Time Warner? Spectrum bought out Time Warner from what I have heard.

I just saw this on Twitter: Create TV on PBS is airing a series of cooking-show marathons on the weekends, each dedicated to a theme. This weekend is "On the Farm," with seasonal recipes. Next weekend is "Boston Strong," about - ta da! [emoji38] - Boston recipes and history. I may need to set it to record.

https://createtv.com/marathons

Thanks GG, I am glad to see that Brown Bread is included. My mother used to make it in a Chase and Sanborn Coffee Can. She then would steam it in an old enamel pot that had chips everywhere. She would time it so that it was just ready at the same time the beans came out of the oven on Saturday night. Then on Monday, (if there was any left over) I would take a couple of slices to school along with my baked bean sandwich.

After supper, the coffee can was stored inside that old chipped enamel pot. Came out every Saturday.

We're switching from Dish Network to Spectrum next month. Anyone else use them or Time Warner? Spectrum bought out Time Warner from what I have heard.

One thing about Spectrum vs. satellite is that Spectrum shows you the movie rating by stars (1-4). I never liked not knowing whether a movie was rated 1 star or better. With satellite, you have to sit thru a one star movie to find out. :ermm:

Last edited:
One thing about Spectrum vs. satellite is that Spectrum shows you the movie rating by stars (1-4). I never liked not knowing whether a movie was rated 1 star or better. With satellite, you have to sit thru a one star movie to find out. :ermm:

Thanks, Caslon. I'll remember that when I get connected and start looking through the movie listings.

Thanks, Caslon. I'll remember that when I get connected and start looking through the movie listings.

Spectrum's "tile menu" is pretty OK to use. To see the date a movie was made, you sometimes have to highlight that movie's name on the grid and press the "Guide" key on the remote. This will bring up that movie's "release date" and a partial description. To see the full description (plot, actors, director) press the "Info" key on the remote. :)

Before Spectrum took over, you only had to press the "Info" key and it would include the movies "release date" along with the plot and actors, director,etc. I'm not sure why Spectrum makes you press the "Guide" key to see the "release date". Seems kind unnecessarily dumb. :ermm:

Last edited:
Spectrum's "tile menu" is pretty OK to use. To see the date a movie was made, you sometimes have to highlight that movie's name on the grid and press the "Guide" key on the remote. This will bring up that movie's "release date" and a partial description. To see the full description (plot, actors, director) press the "Info" key on the remote. :)

Before Spectrum took over, you only had to press the "Info" key and it would include the movies "release date" along with the plot and actors, director,etc. I'm not sure why Spectrum makes you press the "Guide" key to see the "release date". Seems kind unnecessarily dumb. :ermm:

I'll remember that when we get it installed. Found out that we're going to have to get the Silver tv package because Mom likes all the animal channels and they're not on the basic tv package. But it's OK, it will still be less per month than what we are paying right now.

I tend to binge watch shows on Netflix. Right now, I'm near the third season of Dexter. I try to watch a couple of episodes a night before bedtime. (I rarely have time to just sit and leisurely watch TV for a whole evening.) As far as cooking shows, about the only ones I watch on a regular basis are Good Eats and triple D.

Other shows: I'm a Dr Who fan, and I'm watching Better call Saul.

Pirate's spine is acting up. He broke it a number of years back on the job. So I haven't seen much TV today. Been waiting on him and cooking for him. Believe me. A full time job. But then, what can I expect. He is a man. He complains if the hair on his arms hurt. ;)

We got hooked on Fargo, the TV series on the FX network,
and have watched the previous two "seasons" (very good programs btw).
But I gotta tell y'all
this third "season" is a real struggle for us.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
not interesting, at least the first 2 episodes were kinda sucky.
I don't think that I'll be watching the remaining 8 episodes,
plus too I have a standing "girls day out" date with Missus Dear Friend early on Thursdays :)

I watched a reality show about kids doing a BBQ cookoff. They were cute. It was high pressure, but it wasn't so serious as kids vs. master chefs. Watching kids do BBQ made me smile a few times. A well done reality show.

Is anybody watching Blind Spot? I think it is another show I am going to stop watching. It gets crazier with each episode. And not simply crazy, but stupid.

Back
Top Bottom