Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, we watched Blind Spot for a long time too, then finally gave up on it. You're take on it is correct. That's true of many shows we've dumped though..Scorpio being another that comes to mind.
One favorite of ours that never disappoints is Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck. I hope it continues for many more years.

I am not a big T.V. series person as I am just too busy, however, I highly enjoy,
Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck or a good film ..

Game of Thrones (Please hurry up new season). Currently Wentworth is my must watch show. Pretty Little Liars. I've been watching House Rules lately too. My Kitchen Rules (though i disliked this last season). Seven Year Switch.

TV has been getting pretty boring lately, so apart from the shows listed I usually only have it on for background noise.

Charlie, we watched Blind Spot for a long time too, then finally gave up on it. You're take on it is correct. That's true of many shows we've dumped though..Scorpio being another that comes to mind.
One favorite of ours that never disappoints is Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck. I hope it continues for many more years.

Yes, same with Scorpion, Love blue Blods

Yes, same with Scorpion, Love blue Blods

I thought you'd be a Blue Bloods fan Charlie. Aside from it being a gripping crime drama every week, with generally a beginning and an end to the story, we love the interesting dynamics of the family and especially the weekly family dinner at the end of every show. Ykies...actually a show with a family message that people can watch with their kids!
:mrgreen: Whata concept!

Last edited:
I thought you'd be a Blue Bloods fan Charlie. Aside from it being a gripping crime drama every week, with generally a beginning and an end to the story, we love the interesting dynamics of the family and especially the weekly family dinner at the end of every show. Ykies...actually a show with a family message that people can watch with their kids!
:mrgreen: Whata concept!

I love the endings. When I got custody of my granddaughter after her mother died, one of the first things she asked me to do was to have supper with her every night. Her mother never did.

...That's true of many shows we've dumped though..Scorpio being another that comes to mind.
Himself still watches Scorpion for the sheer amusement of it! At least he no longer calls out the errors he keeps finding. :glare: We're also a Blue Bloods viewing family. Great ensemble cast in spite of the star power.

We still watch the NCIS trio. Himself likes the Thursday comedy lineup on CBS and some of the Monday shows. I get enough TV with three NCIS series, Bull (because it falls between two of them), Blue Bloods, and Madam Secretary. My one daytime vice? The Chew. ;)

I love the endings. When I got custody of my granddaughter after her mother died, one of the first things she asked me to do was to have supper with her every night. Her mother never did.

Quite possibly the single most missed part of my life is family dinners...

Ross

Talk shows drive me crazy. They constantly all talk together while shouting trying to be heard over everyone else. So I stopped watching them years ago. And that included national morning news shows.

Himself still watches Scorpion for the sheer amusement of it! At least he no longer calls out the errors he keeps finding. :glare: We're also a Blue Bloods viewing family. Great ensemble cast in spite of the star power.

We still watch the NCIS trio. Himself likes the Thursday comedy lineup on CBS and some of the Monday shows. I get enough TV with three NCIS series, Bull (because it falls between two of them), Blue Bloods, and Madam Secretary. My one daytime vice? The Chew. ;)

I watch NCIS when I get a chance - love me some Pauley Paurette (think I spelled that right). Mom has several AM vices - Today show, Rachael Ray, The View - then for the afternoon The Chew, GH, and whatever we have taped for the 3pm hour.

Talk shows drive me crazy. They constantly all talk together while shouting trying to be heard over everyone else. So I stopped watching them years ago. And that included national morning news shows.

I used to listen to talk radio quite often and the one rule was, the caller talked, then the host talked, then the caller could talk again. Any caller that ran on like a freight train was told that the host had the right to talk now and if the caller didn't quiet down, he would be cut off. You'd be surprised at how many of them would rant on and on and then get cut off. I had to hand it to the hosts - they sure kept their cool when I would have lost mine.

TV - hmmm. I just watched the first four episodes of The Handmaid's Tale and I was depressed for the rest of the day. That is one depressing show.

As far as non-drama TV goes documentries go. "UFO's: The Untold Story". Best of the cable shows about UFOs. They treat the subject competently and interestingly without trying to suck you in with phony hype.

Planet Earth II with David Attenbourough has some great high def camera work. Altho...his narrative seems to get too much anthropomorphic at times. He describes a bear itching his back on a tree and getting relieved of his itch, but seconds later explains it's to scent mark.

Back
Top Bottom