Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sort of, but all of them are terrific. Especially Downton Abby. If you have Amazon Prime or Netflix, you should be able to see them there...

I just watched another episode of Craft in America on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/craftinamerica/

This is a fantastic series that explores craft in many of its forms.

Pottery, woodworking, iron working, jewelry making, basket weaving etc.

Not only is technique shown but also the artists share the sources of their inspiration.

Wonderful!

I just watched another episode of Craft in America on PBS.

Craft In America | PBS

This is a fantastic series that explores craft in many of its forms.

Pottery, woodworking, iron working, jewelry making, basket weaving etc.

Not only is technique shown but also the artists share the sources of their inspiration.

Wonderful!

I don't get this show on my local PBS but I did find a DVD (season 1) on Netflix, so I put it on my list. Sounds interesting, thanks.

Thank you both, jharris & JoAnn, for the Crafts info. I'll be Netflicking it, too.

I'm about 18 episodes into Breaking Bad and may not go much more. Seems like the writers sit down each week and ask, what's the most horrible thing that could happen to these people this time. And don't even think about getting to like a character -- that's a surefire way to get them offed. Downton Abbey is more my speed, but we keep losing characters there, too. Guess that's what makes drama.

I think I'm watching too much Big Bang Theory -- I find myself doing that poochy mouth thing that Kaley/Penny does so much. :LOL:

Has anyone been watching The Bible on History? We recorded it, and have watched the first episode. We like it so far. It's fun to watch it while looking in the Bible to see how close they are to the actual Book.

I know there are those of us who really enjoyed the first season of Call the Midwife on PBS. Just a reminder that the new season will be starting this Easter Sunday, March 31st. Check your local listings.
This is a public service announcement ........:smartass::D

Last edited:
We have been watching The UK Food Inspectors, it is a great series, so interesting what you see :ohmy:

Has anyone been watching The Bible on History? We recorded it, and have watched the first episode. We like it so far. It's fun to watch it while looking in the Bible to see how close they are to the actual Book.

which book. the common ones, the more often published ones, the banned ones, etc..

my god(or should i say our god) the way they portray the stories of the old testament makes jews look really bad.

and it's terribly acted. casting is horrible, but i still am willing to watch it. i'm a week behind, so i'm intetested in seeing how they portray the new testament.

and if they add the book of mormon, or the q'oran.

before anyone gets their loincloths in a bunch, this is only my opinion. i won't argue details as per this site's t.o.s. against religious discussion.

I just finished watching the last episode of The Taste Season 1 and I'm busy watching The Grimm and The House of Cards.

All good in there own way.

I tried to get into The Bible. It's on right before Vikings. I couldn't though. It just didn't seem well done... something was missing or something...
Kind of like when I saw Ben Hur advertised so I turned to it. Then I realized it was a new version of Ben Hur and just not done well... maybe there's some stories we should leave to the sixties and it's powerful actors. Or maybe the new versions appeal to a younger crowd.

I know there are those of us who really enjoyed the first season of Call the Midwife on PBS. Just a reminder that the new season will be starting this Easter Sunday, March 31st. Check your local listings.
This is a public service announcement ........:smartass::D

Watched the first 3 episodes on netflix this past weekend, what a great show!

Have not been watching it. Already know what the Bible says. Got my religious education as a child. Loved the Old Testament's stories. I even surprise Spike when I know the answers to Bible questions on Jeopardy.

Kayelle, thanks for the PSA on "Call The Midwife". A real gritty series. Love it. :angel:

Have not been watching it. Already know what the Bible says. Got my religious education as a child. Loved the Old Testament's stories. I even surprise Spike when I know the answers to Bible questions on Jeopardy.
:angel:

I watched the second episode last night. It follows along with the Bible pretty well. I also grew up learning the Bible, and have also read it several times, but this series is quite good, and interesting to watch. It's like when you watch the Ten Comandments over and over even though you know the story. :angel:

I watched the second episode last night. It follows along with the Bible pretty well. I also grew up learning the Bible, and have also read it several times, but this series is quite good, and interesting to watch. It's like when you watch the Ten Comandments over and over even though you know the story. :angel:

That makes sense to me.
Some people watch TV for entertainment.

We are watching Masterchef AllStars at the moment, it is great!

They bought back some of the best cooks from all the past seasons of MC and they battle it out, good entertainment :)

We don't have TV in our home (rather we have big TFT screen tv *** monitor but without cable connection). None believe this but it is true. We don't feel the need of TV.

I think this is shameful .... America's Most Wanted has been cancelled again. :(

That show has been on since 1988 and it has done a ton of good.

Too bad one of the big 3 won't take it down a notch and make room for a program that actually does some good for society.

I think this is shameful .... America's Most Wanted has been cancelled again. :(

That show has been on since 1988 and it has done a ton of good.

Too bad one of the big 3 won't take it down a notch and make room for a program that actually does some good for society.

You can blame it on reality shows. They don't have to pay for script writers, costumes or sets. Mindless TV. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom