Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I said earlier i liked some Alaskan shows, even that one, but wow...is Alaska ever popular now for reality show material or what? It's boom city for that genre. Alaska IS the last frontier after all.

There is one reality show from Alaska and the father and his sons filed fraudulent papers for the yearly grant money from the oil fields. They got caught. Now have to pay back huge amounts and are banned from every collecting another check. They claimed they were legal residents for a FULL year. 365 days total. They weren't.

Crime does NOT pay in this case.

Can't remember the name of the show. Sorry. :angel:

There has been a LOT of buzz about this person. Even the evening news. I haven't gotten into all the specifics, but definitely intend to. :angel:

Addie, this 10 episode documentary is riveting and took many years to make. I'm on episode six now and I've changed my mind about his innocence something like 4 times. I've served so many times as a juror I'm trying to keep an open mind till the end. I hope there's a way you can watch it.

Addie, this 10 episode documentary is riveting and took many years to make. I'm on episode six now and I've changed my mind about his innocence something like 4 times. I've served so many times as a juror I'm trying to keep an open mind till the end. I hope there's a way you can watch it.

What little tidbits I have paid attention to on the news, make me inclined to think he is guilty. He may have been proven innocent of the original crime he was imprisoned for, but his background does not sound very savory to me. :angel:

What little tidbits I have paid attention to on the news, make me inclined to think he is guilty. He may have been proven innocent of the original crime he was imprisoned for, but his background does not sound very savory to me. :angel:
Why would you be inclined to think he is guilty without knowing the facts, only tidbits? Because of his bizarre family and background? That shouldn't equal guilty in the mind of anyone. I'm not looking for a debate, but only learning all the facts that were recorded, all US citizens have that right.

I would like to say that I finished the full second season of Mozart in the Jungle.

I thought the second season was just as good as the first one.

I am not so sure it was worthy of the Golden Globe though, but I got to see the first two out of two seasons for free.

I really did like the improved opening and closing credits for this show for season two.

Is anyone planning on watching "Mercy Street"? It's a Civil War drama starting on PBS tonight about a hotel in Alexandria, VA, turned into a Union Army hospital. I'm fascinated by history, and the history of medicine in particular. Looking forward to it.

About the Show | Mercy Street | PBS

Oooh, thanks for the heads up, GG! I'm a history fan too, and this looks like a good one. Just DVR'ed it. :)

Is anyone planning on watching "Mercy Street"? It's a Civil War drama starting on PBS tonight about a hotel in Alexandria, VA, turned into a Union Army hospital. I'm fascinated by history, and the history of medicine in particular. Looking forward to it.

About the Show | Mercy Street | PBS

Count me in GG!! I love this kind of thing too, and thanks for the heads up.;)

Thanks, GG. Tried watching it, but our connection speed is not fast enough, I got to watch 22 minutes of it before it froze.

No. Just that there is two sides to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Actually, in this case there's more than two sides to the story, Making a Murderer.
I've now watched the complete 10 hour documentary and I'm now firmly convinced of how I would have voted, had I been on either murder jury.

I'll withhold my comments because I wouldn't want to influence anyone else who may want to watch the complete story. I'd be happy to comment in private with anyone who wishes however.

I would like to say that I finished the full second season of Mozart in the Jungle.

I thought the second season was just as good as the first one.

I am not so sure it was worthy of the Golden Globe though, but I got to see the first two out of two seasons for free.

I really did like the improved opening and closing credits for this show for season two.

I don't know where I have been, but only found about this show like last week. Seems interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Aw, bummer, PF.

I just got done watching it on TV, Shrek fell asleep and I changed the channel. Very good show, I will end up buying the series since I work every other Sunday, unless I can find it during the rest of the week. Loved it.

Back
Top Bottom