Like his mother used to do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
He didn't like the casserole

And he didn't like my cake.

My biscuits were too hard...

Not like his mother used to make.

I didn't perk the coffee right

He didn't like the stew,

I didn't mend his socks

The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer

I was looking for a clue.

Then I turned around and smacked him...

Like his Mother used to do.

25.gif

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think that should be in cross-stitch on every married couple's wall! That's great! (Not that I have a problem with that--James doesn't compare me to his mom. The only thing he mentions is that he wishes I could make Chocolate Rice like she did. If I ever get a good recipe for it, I will.)

:) Barbara

Chocolate rice????
I've heard of chocolate gravy on biscuits, it's good too. but, all that is, is the cooked jello pudding.

I've never heard of chocolate rice either. Dh doesn't compare my cooking to his mom's either. She really wasn't much of a cook at all. She tried, but things just didn't come out for her. I like the post even if it doesn't apply to me.

Very good!

Paul does compare my food with his moms. He used to say Her's was better... now though he say's " I wish my mom cooked this good!!"

pdswife said:
Very good!

Paul does compare my food with his moms. He used to say Her's was better... now though he say's " I wish my mom cooked this good!!"

Wow, how many time did you smack him??:ROFLMAO:

This is so great! I'm married to someone who is such a fussy eater that most toodlers seem like gourmets in comparision, but luckily it's not too often that I hear "it's not like mama's". Which is a good thing because I tend to get :( when he doesn't like my cooking!

Just fell over this post Texas, cute and true:LOL: Mine was a mommas boy but good. It use to just make me want to cry and kick and yell, til I got smart, one day I got a gee mom's wasn't like this, hers had and hers was and hers blah, blah,blah, as he was finishing up his sermon, I was finishing up shoving it into the garbage disposal:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Went to bed hungry that night he did..After that zipped lips:ROFLMAO: Now he tells everyone what a great cook I am, wanna come eat:wacko:

kadesma:-p

kadesma, LOL. My mom said my dad, in a fit of premature, preening (silly billy) "I'm the man in this house" temper, threw an undercooked egg against the wall of their house in Luansya, Central Africa, announcing that his mother didn't do eggs like that. The walls were made of some kind of muddy cementy stuff. My mom, the World's Cleanest Human Being Who Boils Everything to Remove Nasty Germs..... left it there, where it is still stuck to this day (50 years hence). My mom became a really good cook, eventually, and my dad loved everything she made...really!

Sandy, worlds smartest woman your mom :) She was wise beyond her years...My mom always said don't get mad, WIN :LOL:

kadesma

ya know, i really don't get the mom/wife comparison thing that i hear about so often. comparing your wife to your mom in any way is creepy.

besides, my mom was part jedi warrior. she could inflict pain with just a look. dw still uses upper cuts and right crosses.

I guess my uncle was smart. When he married my aunt she couldn't cook, so he taught her how to cook the way he liked it--southern style. LOL

:) Barbara

The things I cook are better than his Mum does - Frank says... and if he want to have something special I won't do I tell him to do himself :cool:

Back
Top Bottom