"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #11
Contest Winner

This is a message board. It's supposed to be for getting new ideas, having fun, good conversation and to
"meet" new people. You don't need anyones permission or approval to post. You have every right to post just as others do as well.

It is up to you whether or not you want to leave, but personally, I think you should take any negativity that you experience on the internet with a grain on salt and focus on the positive. There are loads of great people at this website that like all the different personalities here - if everyone was the same it would be boring!

Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Happy to hear you are staying.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

ya see, you got passionate about something, got upset, got support from the members, and now you're back. you fit right in.

many of us have been through that, myself included. except there was much more crying and whimpering. but then mj stopped, and i came back. (j/k mj, please don't ban me... )
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
Executive Chef

If we all agreed all the time, there would be no need to "discuss cooking", would there? We'd all let BT do our thinking. I'm glad we have so many different ideas, even if I don't use them all. I'm at a point where I try more simple things than time consuming ones, but it is nice to see what some of the more erudite in cuisine do with their time and food baskets.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
ya see, you got passionate about something, got upset, got support from the members, and now you're back. you fit right in.

many of us have been through that, myself included. except there was much more crying and whimpering. but then mj stopped, and i came back. (j/k mj, please don't ban me... )
Must spread more reputation before giving to bucktom again!!

Your one of the ones that makes this place so fun!! Don't ever leave, bucky!!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
We'd all let BT do our thinking.
ahhh, finally, a voice of reason.

licia, the cash is in the mail...
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #17
Everymom

I am glad to see everyone offering advice and support. Thanks you all for being such a good bunch. This is a wonderful place and we all need to be aware of the feelings around us to keep it that way. Good for you kimbaby that you realized that someone was upset and then you did something about it.

Can I suggest to all of you that if you notice you may have upset/irritated/annoyed someone that you send them a PM requesting clarification, and then be open to the reply you get? And those replying to said PM, please remember your manners and explain without rudeness why you were upset. If the PM thing isn't working please come to an Admin, we would be more than happy to help mediate a dispute of any type.

I love to see our members supporting one another, but it only takes one comment for a thread to go downhill rapidly. If we can keep personal matters in the PMs it would keep the boards free of that sort of issue.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbaby
okay... through with temper tatrum, I have been given some good advice,sorry for being a whinney... sorry for acting 2...
All I know is that my feathers just get so ruffled when people do this.... Now get a grip and take your meds and get back into the fight.

(heh heh)
Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Kim,
don't even think about it You've been fun and your posts got me thinking and remembering things about foods I love or hate...It's nice not to have to wrack my poor tired brain, with you giving me a nudge here and there things are fun As the rest have said, you not only fit, you are now family, and we don't let family go away..So prepare to post girl All kidding aside, it would make many of us very sad to not see your smiling face.

kadesma
Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Hey, I would be so saddddddddddddd losing a Floridian - there aren't many of us here.