My proposed new house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay, back online with a moment to catch my breath. I hope to post a photo of where CG's cot will go, with enough room for Vit, CatPat and PF to move around in. No room for a kitchen island. The area from the kitchen sink to the fireplace is a dance floor:w00t:. I may have also posted a photo of the kitchen range that is in the process of being installed. When I asked when I can bake my chicken, I was told I must wait for the Certificate of Occupancy to be granted before I can use the range:(. Lots of stuff going on at the house:).

Thanks for all the kind comments and helpful suggestions, I really appreciate them. I haven't talked with the electrician yet but did get some details from my computer guy, who will get my computers set up at the new house.

Attachments

• DSCN1832.jpg
    DSCN1832.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN1842.jpg
    DSCN1842.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 128
ruh row on the guest house:LOL:

of course a few glitches have developed...the door on the dishwasher is crinkled beyond use, but that would not have held up the granting of the Certificate of Occupancy....but the toilet will hold it up. First, the tank of the two piece toilet was broken and both pieces are the wrong color:wacko:. Not sure how that will play out.

Attachments

• DSCN1853.jpg
    DSCN1853.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN1844.jpg
    DSCN1844.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 138
It's all coming together beautifully. So July, August...we'll be wandering through New Mexico. I was looking at a job in Flagstaff, AZ...

Yeah, I'm pretty excited.

I just happen to have a few more photos:LOL:.

It is difficult to photograph the innards of the shower, and the shower door has not been installed yet..

The interior doors are supposed to be hung tomorrow.

PF, pretty sure things will be settled by Fall:)

Attachments

• DSCN1848.jpg
    DSCN1848.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN1843.jpg
    DSCN1843.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 141
Beth I'm so glad to see the subway tiles for your kitchen back splash rather than the trendy little colorful glass tiles that are so popular now days. All that you have chosen for your beautiful home is timeless and with impeccable good taste.

Last edited:
I would want the 20 amp wires. You can always use 20 amp for 15 amp stuff, but not vice versa.

That is correct. The cables can be used for either 20 or 15 amp circuits as the breaker dictates circuit capacity. There are exceptions.

I just find it unusual for a contractor to use a more expensive wiring method than he is required to use.

House is beautiful Beth. Love that shower enclosure!

Beth,
I just caught up on this thread. Your house is going to be gorgeous! You will be very happy and comfortable there.

And that kitchen looks like it will cook up lots of meals for all of your DC friends to come and share - I have dibs on a bar stool and am not afraid to use my cane to get it! :LOL:

Beth,
I just caught up on this thread. Your house is going to be gorgeous! You will be very happy and comfortable there.

And that kitchen looks like it will cook up lots of meals for all of your DC friends to come and share - I have dibs on a bar stool and am not afraid to use my cane to get it! :LOL:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Beth,

The bar chairs came last week, 2 weeks early, and I am storing them in the pantry. Dibs have been registered on one of them:LOL:. Bathroom is (almost) finished. The toilet and kitchen sink fixtures have stand-ins until the proper ones are delivered.

Attachments

• DSCN1901.jpg
    DSCN1901.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN1885.jpg
    DSCN1885.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 157
Front hallway slate was shorted and reordered and the fireplace is finished.

Attachments

• DSCN1883.jpg
    DSCN1883.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN1904.jpg
    DSCN1904.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom