"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #2411
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
The update today from the ENT surgeon is that Justin will undergo a needle biopsy on June 2nd. This biopsy will tell us if it's a swollen lymph node or the original diagnosis of a thyroglossal duct cyst. Whatever it is will have to be surgically removed.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #2412
Sous Chef

Just sent a HUGE prayer up for all my DC family, since I've been a little remiss in reading posts!!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #2413
Chef Extraordinaire

ok venting 1,2,3

1. once more waiting for handy man.

2. waiting for gal to bring me papers, she promised for eleven am

3. waiting for son to come and see new floor.

if people don't intend to do the things they promise, why do they promise.

babe
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #2414
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, in some cases they don't mean to break promises, but they should call to let you know they won't be there or will be late. As for your handyman, isn't he always late? I do feel for you though - waiting for others is not fun.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #2415
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Babe, in some cases they don't mean to break promises, but they should call to let you know they won't be there or will be late. As for your handyman, isn't he always late? I do feel for you though - waiting for others is not fun.

yes the handyman is always late, i think being late or not coming at all is a form of passive aggressive behavior. as in "u can't tell me what to do.

the paper person finally called about four pm. says will be here in am. lol

son is just a no show. i try to make allowances for him as he has a lot on his plate, always. oh well, guess they don't think my time is worth anything.

babe
Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #2416
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
oh well, guess they don't think my time is worth anything.

babe
Well I, for one, appreciate your time here on DC and I am sure others do too!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #2417
Master Chef

fer 5 HOURS, i've listened to jake & his halo 3 game with him complaining over his headset.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #2418
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm havin' a time with an insect sting. Don't know what it was/is. I'm highly allergic and am a bit concerned.

I was stung on the underside of my right arm, on the inside of the elbow. This happened early this morning. I brushed the stinger out of my arm and immediately wiped some "After Bite" onto the area and, then, took one Benadryl pill.

At least I'm still alive. That could've been a problem.

However, my arm now looks like Popeye's arm and is soooooo itchy and warm I can hardly stand it. I'm sure it's my own personal allergic reaction. I'm not too concerned because I'm not dizzy and my heart rate is normal.

I'll take another Benadryl before bed and see what things look like in the morning.

I 'yam what I 'yam!!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:38 AM   #2419
Executive Chef

Was woken up @0710 Thurs. morning to get the second oldest boy up, dressed, and off to school. Upon sitting up, realized I had a headache. No biggie, I get headaches quite often, from being dehydrated frequently. SOP treatment, take a couple Ibuprofen, and drink a large glass of water.

Got Justin off to school. Headache getting worse. Water out of the tap tasted really funny.

About 9:30 emptied the contents of my stomach into the sink. Yuck. PeppA was out-and-about running an errand, so I called her to let her know I wasn't feeling good. Great. Still have dishes to do, and mow the yard.

About 10:30, finished with dishes. Laid down for a rest.

11:45, woken up by PeppA, saying, "I need to run to the gas station. Come with me, some fresh air will do you good."

Walked out, grabbed a Gatorade (still thinking I'm dehydrated), and downed that with another couple Ibuprofen.

12:15, on the way home, emptied contents of stomach AGAIN. Great. Got home, called the boss with bad news.

Laid in bed the rest of the day. Slept a good part of it.

It's now 0037 hours FRIDAY morning. I'm feeling better, kept supper down at least. However, due to all the extra sleep, I'm no where near ready to go to bed soon. What's worse, is that Friday morning is my morning to get the oldest son up @ 0600 for school. Storms are moving into the area, so I'll probably stay up to watch them come in, then it's off to bed.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #2420
Certified Cake Maniac

Katie, If your is still swollen I would go see a doctor. I am highly allergic to bug bites as well and they are nothing to mess with.

Allen, our border had your same symptoms at the beginning of the week and is just starting to feel better. Take good care of yourself and try to get whatever fluids and food down as you can, even if it is just juice and toast.

I hope you are both better soon.

Closed Thread