"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #2661
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribs and steak View Post
Can I vent my bad day? Because i need oxygen to do my job I have to bring at least 3 tanks of medical O2. On Sunday when I went to change my tank I had to have my last tank leaking the air and slowing me down on my job
Just don't vent the oxygen here, I just lit up a cigarette!

Sorry to hear about your day, hope the next one is better!

Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #2662
Master Chef

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww I hate it when dogs get gas!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #2663
Certified Cake Maniac

Pook, maybe my dog and your dog could have a contest. She is a real stinkbomb sometimes!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #2664
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribs and steak View Post
Can I vent my bad day? Because i need oxygen to do my job I have to bring at least 3 tanks of medical O2. On Sunday when I went to change my tank I had to have my last tank leaking the air and slowing me down on my job
I'm sorry you had a rough Sunday. Maybe the medical store will refill and check the tank without charging you.? I hope your week is better!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #2665
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Ok, it was 5 am when I said this and I did not make it clear. The abuse has long past. This is what I have put up with for 23 years total. The abuse stopped about 5 years ago when I started fighting back,lol.
What I'm tired of is the fact that I'm fixing to be 40 and I have NO LIFE!!!! I go to work, go home, cook dinner, blend his food, clean, wash a load of clothes, go to bed. That is my daily routine and I'm SICK OF IT ALL!!! All I hear is how bad HE is. When I even THINK about telling him about my day or how I feel, he breaks in with what is so much worse with him. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear and that I scared anyone with my words. I only meant that I am tired of living THIS kind of life, none. Don't worry, not gonna do anything stupid and I have dealt with all the crap this long, it just doesn't matter anymore, it won't change. Just really needed to vent this morning for some reason. Guess it's been sitting there dormant long enough. LOL thank you all!! and the 2 that pm'ed me, I'm ok, I promise.
Then it's time to make some changes in your life Stacy. Find a hobby where you can interact with others, find a social group, make friends and do something fun for yourself. Once a week will do; you'll have something to look forward to every week. Life's too precious to pass you by without enjoying every minute of it. Stay strong and GO OUT there and look for some of your interests to bring you back to life. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #2666
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Why do pathology results take SO long? I'm so fed up waiting for my son's biopsy results. The procedure was done last Monday, June 2nd and we have to wait until the 12th to get the darn results. Argh!!! I'm sick waiting and wondering what my son has on that lump in his neck. Would you please keep him in your prayers ya'll?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #2667
Executive Chef

Explosion

This thread is like an explosion! Really gets my attention and painful. texasgirl, have you ever left him for a period of time? If you are always around, he is only used to the treatment you have been giving him. Being absent, may wake him up as long as he feels threatened that he will have to adjust to things that you normally take care of. When I had trouble, I went to minister first, after that, I went to 5-6 counselors and each one told me to have my husband come to the next session. My husband refused each and every time telling me he wasn't unhappy I was the one who needed help. Being married for so long makes it easy to just accept doing everyday things the way you have. However, trying to make a change in your life requires lot of effort and you are the only one who can determine if you really want to do that. One thing you can be sure of and that is life is never same always changing.

I hope that you will make the right choice. Just know that once you do, you will make it whichever you choose. Everyone fears the unknown, no one is sure of everything.

You are good person who has big heart. Thanks for all the kindness and understanding you have given me in the past . Take care of yourself texas, I care about what you do. Stay in touch.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #2668
Certified Cake Maniac

The good thing about last night is that I "woke up several times". This means I was asleep, even if only for brief periods at a time. The bad thing is that when I was asleep I had horrid nightmares.

I was up late last night trying to catch up on things that need doing when you are looking after 4 other people....baking muffins and cookies for the borders lunches and to take to the kids at the hospital. Planning meals for the week that are easy and also transportable as well. Cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, etc. DH works late on Mondays and he was great when he was home, and finished the cleaning when he got here after nine (plus he made supper as well), but it doesn't matter how little I do or don't do...I am exhausted and sore.

I did find out yesterday that my appointment for the surgeon (which was postponed twice, and was not supposed to happen until the middle of July) has been bumped up until tomorrow afternoon and will not be cancelled, so that is good. But that is only for the knee. Once that is resolved, I will have to go back through the system for all the other joints and conditions.

I am to the point where I just don't care anymore.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #2669
Executive Chef

Not to Worry

'Not care anymore' Have you read that somewhere before? That is exactly the way we are supposed to feel. Then and only then are we at the point where we get our best results. Being frustrated and uptight is natural but that is not what we should be doing, everyone states stress is hard on the system. Having your submissive feeling is better for the situation. Be positive this will all work out good.

so happy to hear you are going to see someone tomorrow. That is good news and positive. You will be having someone look at your knee, be thankful. We can't have our whole body repaired at once although we wish it could. Just as things didn't happen overnight we have to take step at a time. Wish we could have our own set of doctors to be at our beck 'n call but there are always many others who have problems and maybe even worse. This is easy to say but not good to hear at this stage of the process. I hope for the best with your appointment tomorrow. I know and feel all will go well. Just be good to yourself, no one else knows better than you how you feel. I am thinking about you.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #2670
Executive Chef

LPBeier

'Not care anymore' comment applies to your situation. I did not indicate that on my last post. I wanted to clarify that I was writing about you and your feeling of not caring anymore. Do not want someone else to think I am commenting on their situation only yours.

Person could write a book about the emotions on this thread. Who knows we may all be reading about ourselves in a novel one day.