"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #3091
Head Chef

I also have an xD card. It's an Olympus 1GB . The guy at Olumpus told me that it doesn't always work. Maybe I just got lucky!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #3092
Master Chef

Might be usage as well. The ones we have are for my wifes business, she takes pictures of all the gardens she works on. She will fill, empty, and re-fill them around 50 or more times per season, so it just might be too many to recover!
I will keep my fingers crossed for her, if she has only used it a couple of times maybe she will get em all back!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #3093
Master Chef

Finally! I was able to find the camera compatibility list they have:
Known digital camera compatibility list - Digital Image Recovery
Unfortunately, neither of ours is on there.

They do list several Fuji cameras, just not the ones we have, so this might explain why I can recover some and not all.

So B'sgirl, if you check the link above and yours is listed, then chances are you will have the same success as Mama and get your pics back! How cool would that be? LOL.
If it doesn't list your model but does list some by your Manufacturer (like mine), give it a shot and see if it works. Use the card reader in your computer or an external one if you have to for better chances of success. And you do have to download ZAR 8.3 to do it.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #3094
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Mine is called the healing diet. I guess it's a cleanser. I can have meat, veggies and SOME fruits and nuts. Only plain water and tea. No sugars, starches or sodiums. No fried foods, NO MEXICAN FOOD!! All meat has to be done on George Foreman grill, hey, I finally had an excuse to get to buy one,lol. I only got a $20 grill, I wasn't spending all that money on one. It's goingto be really hard to cut what I normally eat out. but, I will post a pic of how skinny I get too!! LOL
I think yours would be harder for me than mine. I'm not limited as to salt or sugar per se, and I can have coffee, diet soda and skim milk. But no red meat - only skinless white chicken and turkey and fish and shellfish. I can have lots of dairy but it must all be fat free. Lots of veggies and fruits, but no fruit juices. Lots of whole grains, brown rice, tofu and soy products, and legumes. No butter or margarine and only limited amounts of good fats like olive oil, nuts and nut butters - less than 20% of my daily caloric intake.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:49 AM   #3095
Master Chef

goodness, I did such a good job of cutting back on my sodium intake and eating just veggies and chicken and then combined with a diuretic....... no caffeine either........I find myself with a diagnosis of too low blood sodium levels........usually my doctor who is real laid back comes in with a seriously worried look......"This is NOT good he says" This is the doc that is always telling me not to worry about this or that....you should really be having symptoms now of weakness, fatigue, or feeling out of your head with these low readings (ok, no comments here)........didn't in my books.........but his serious look scared me.......told me to stop the diuretic and eat more salt........let me tell you when you get used to a low salt diet it is really hard to go back to it...........really hard...........these days everything tastes too salty.............everything tastes yuck.......but within one week my sodium levels were almost normal.........go figure.....please the point is to make sure that any medication you're taking you ought to have your blood profiles done yearly just to be on the safe side........my aunt thought that her fatigue was due to the anaemia that she had but it was due the the fact that she had such low blood sodium levels.......go figure........who would have thought...hope that all works out for you Fisher'smom and Texas girl.........your problems are certainly far worse.......
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #3096
Master Chef

My vent is people who leave the pet in the hot car. Even with the window open a little, it still gets way too hot and the pet suffers and have died in the car.

Cool It! Summer's Heat Can Be Deadly for Your Pet | The Humane Society of the United States
Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #3097
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
My vent is people who leave the pet in the hot car. Even with the window open a little, it still gets way too hot and the pet suffers and have died in the car.

Cool It! Summer's Heat Can Be Deadly for Your Pet | The Humane Society of the United States

YEAP, that is up there with leaving your child in the car too. May not be the same with some, but, for me, it's just as bad!!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #3098
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Awhile back I put my memeory card in the card reader of my computer and ALL of my pictures disappeared. I called Olympus Support since it is an Olympus camera and they told my to always use a USB cable to transfer my photos because card readers sometimes delete the photos. Anyway....they told me about this site where it is possible to reclaim photos from you memory card that have been deleted. IT WORKED! I got all my pictures back. It's a free service so it's definately worth a try.

Here's the link: Digital Camera Data Recovery

Here's hoping it works it for you!
Thanks for the link, Mama! I was able to recover most of the pictures with that software. Any that got lost are ones I don't remember so I guess they don't matter anyway. But the blessing/wedding pictures and videos were all recovered. Guess this post should go in the smile thread.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #3099
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Thanks for the link, Mama! I was able to recover most of the pictures with that software. Any that got lost are ones I don't remember so I guess they don't matter anyway. But the blessing/wedding pictures and videos were all recovered. Guess this post should go in the smile thread.

WOOHOO!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #3100
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you!