"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #3571
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #3572
Master Chef

my daughter played lacrosse in high school and she would get very breathless with all the running in the game and we had an inhaler for her.........but I always suspected mitral valve prolapse........both my hubby and I have it.........sure enough when she started to pass out.........the doctor ran an echocardiogram on her and that's what it was........darn, I should have been a Doc.........:)

Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #3573
Master Chef

Hubby is getting better. Went to dr again yesterday, it's healing wonderfully. Police have a copy of shots, so, dh won't be foaming at the mouth, although, his growling has been worse, lol, j/k
I told the police, where they live, what happened and how it happened. I don't think they are going to do anything about it, sadly. When dh pet the dog, he was laying there with his tongue out panting, not growling, barking or no sign of aggression at all. When dh touched his head, he just jerked his head around and bit him and that was it. The owners are nice, but, so very very ignorant!! MIL said the dog is the master, not them. They do what the dog wants. Noone there can control it or hold onto it either. Although it has never bitten, it HAS lunged at a few people, one being an elderly lady and her little poodle that were riding around the park on her golf cart. Someone happened to be there and grabbed its lead when the son was unable to hold it. I pray that this dog is put down, because, they talk about how their grandkids hug and play "on" this dog. I get sick just thinking about it. DH told them, "Don't let that dog near ANYONE, especially kids or you're dumber than I thought"! AMEN!!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #3574
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
my daughter played lacrosse in high school and she would get very breathless with all the running in the game and we had an inhaler for her.........but I always suspected mitral valve prolapse........both my hubby and I have it.........sure enough when she started to pass out.........the doctor ran an echocardiogram on her and that's what it was........darn, I should have been a Doc.........:)
OMG, that must have been scary for you!! I was scared to death when my oldest was in ICU when 5 from asthma. I will never forget that little tiny guy fighting for his life with tubes, bigger than he was, running all around him. I'm glad you thought of it and got her in to be seen, good for you!!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #3575
Master Chef

Well, oldest son is stuck in Baton Rouge, La, due to the fact that not 1, but 2 crew leaders, took their money and ran!!!
He is stuck there, noway home!! The guy he went with has no gas and the tires are bald and they can't come home!! no food, nothing
They go down there to help someone while making a little money and they get screwed!! I don't know what to do. Anyone have suggestions?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #3576
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Hubby is getting better. Went to dr again yesterday, it's healing wonderfully. Police have a copy of shots, so, dh won't be foaming at the mouth, although, his growling has been worse, lol, j/k
I told the police, where they live, what happened and how it happened. I don't think they are going to do anything about it, sadly. When dh pet the dog, he was laying there with his tongue out panting, not growling, barking or no sign of aggression at all. When dh touched his head, he just jerked his head around and bit him and that was it. The owners are nice, but, so very very ignorant!! MIL said the dog is the master, not them. They do what the dog wants. Noone there can control it or hold onto it either. Although it has never bitten, it HAS lunged at a few people, one being an elderly lady and her little poodle that were riding around the park on her golf cart. Someone happened to be there and grabbed its lead when the son was unable to hold it. I pray that this dog is put down,
because, they talk about how their grandkids hug and play "on" this dog. I get sick just thinking about it. DH told them, "Don't let that dog near ANYONE, especially kids or you're dumber than I thought"! AMEN!!
Thats the problem when people cater to their dog and let them do what they want. I love all my dogs and cats and they are spoiled to no end but they all know who the real boss is, ME. Dogs really do want someone to be the alpha to be the boss, they like to know what they are supposed to do or not do. Now on the other hand DH has been a bit harder to train he knows who the boss is but tries to test me once in a while.
I also have a theory that dogs are only as good as their owners if we are kind and caring/ peaceful the dogs are the same if we are fighting and defensive and theres negative vibes the dogs will be then be that way.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #3577
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Well, oldest son is stuck in Baton Rouge, La, due to the fact that not 1, but 2 crew leaders, took their money and ran!!!
He is stuck there, noway home!! The guy he went with has no gas and the tires are bald and they can't come home!! no food, nothing
They go down there to help someone while making a little money and they get screwed!! I don't know what to do. Anyone have suggestions?
Perhaps they could go to a local church or churches explain their situation and get some help as far as food and gas money and maybe some used but better tires. Another option is to go to or call the local news paper or TV station and tell their story and expose these guys and maybe get the law to go after the crew leaders and the so called company.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #3578
Master Chef

From the looks of the mail, there are many names that mail is sent to there. He doesn't know the guys real name now. I am going to find him again and tell him about the church though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Perhaps they could go to a local church or churches explain their situation and get some help as far as food and gas money and maybe some used but better tires. Another option is to go to or call the local news paper or TV station and tell their story and expose these guys and maybe get the law to go after the crew leaders and the so called company.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #3579
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.
that doesn't sound too great, mikki.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #3580
Master Chef

& tex, catholic charities may offer them $$

Closed Thread