"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #3761
Certified Cake Maniac

I remember going through similar stuff with my Mom's cancer, Barb. You can't second guess yourself and you can't feel guilty. Just be there for her as I know you are. Lots of love, prayers and hugs coming your way.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #3762
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
went to the ER yesterday .. did not want to go .. but my regular doctor
advised me that i should .. i understand that there is going to be a wait ..
but 6 hours in the waiting room and another 3 in a little room
while in the worst pain of my life seems a tad long to me ..
and they would not even give me anything for pain until i had someone there
to drive me home .. so .. my wife takes the little ones to my moms and comes up
there .. i tell the triage nurse i have a ride .. she gives me 600mg ibuprofen ..
what a long day ...
I HATE ER's!!! I feel for you!
I hope you are feeling better today!!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #3763
Chef Extraordinaire

i am bored, bored bored. don't want to cook, sew or bake. don't even want to read. no clue what this is all about. very restless , maybe it is the wind and fires news

tv does not entice. dc isn't even pulling me in maybe i should just go to bed and cover my head. lol
Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #3764
Head Chef

The nursing home that my mom is at is suppose to be one of, if not, the top nursing home in the area but I still have problems dealing with the bureacracy and the errors that I see on a regular basis. I visit my mom daily.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #3765
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i was just thinking today that i had not see you in awhile, barb. where u been? hope all is well
Not sure if you meant Barb or me, but since you quoted my post I figured I'd better answer! I've been here pretty much every day. I just don't always get on until a little later, and I am working on getting some stuff done around the house, so I need to stay off of this thing even more than I have been!

Barbara
Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #3766
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
The nursing home that my mom is at is suppose to be one of, if not, the top nursing home in the area but I still have problems dealing with the bureacracy and the errors that I see on a regular basis. I visit my mom daily.
Oh wow, I see you're in NE Ohio also. I know of what you speak! You almost have to be their every day to keep on top of things.

Barb
Old 11-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #3767
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am bored, bored bored. don't want to cook, sew or bake. don't even want to read. no clue what this is all about. very restless , maybe it is the wind and fires news

tv does not entice. dc isn't even pulling me in maybe i should just go to bed and cover my head. lol
I go thru these periods, too..........how about a night out on the town? maybe a bed and breakfast or a hotel downtown and a nice dinner out......sometimes you just need to get away and charge up again........
Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #3768
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Not sure if you meant Barb or me, but since you quoted my post I figured I'd better answer! I've been here pretty much every day. I just don't always get on until a little later, and I am working on getting some stuff done around the house, so I need to stay off of this thing even more than I have been!

Barbara
hey, Barbs, I just saw the Traveling Welcome Logo above you picture..........how nice........that's what you did...........now you and Maidrite need to come to Houston in the near future......... my.hubby just told me that even though we were supposed to retire in the next year it may be another 5 due to the economy............oh , whoopie...........how thrilled I was...........like wee beasties in my pantry..........whooopie,,,,,,,
Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #3769
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I HATE ER's!!! I feel for you!
I hope you are feeling better today!!
feel fine as long as i am on the pain meds ..
but i hate being on them ..
Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #3770
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
Oh wow, I see you're in NE Ohio also. I know of what you speak! You almost have to be their every day to keep on top of things.

Barb
Yes, I visit my mother everyday and this very famous home that gets lots of amazing press is the very one that I visit everyday and adds to the stress that I am under dealing with my mom who has two forms of dementia. There is no support--it is just a business and I am tired of jumping through their hoops. Had I known better, I would have placed my mom with the nuns but this place had such great reputation and is very close to home. Even at the best places, there is a lot of room for improvement. It gets so that I hate walking in the door but the doctors wouldn't let me keep my mom at home anymore. She needed more care than I could give and she kept firing the nursing aides that I had hired for her.