"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #3841
Master Chef

cj, it's time for the foot!! You rest and let everyone else do it this year, darn it!!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #3842
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by linfinch View Post
...Another vent is that I am new to this website and am having a hard time finding where to ask such questions.
As you can see from Laurie's response, we have a lot of very helpful people here! Spend a little time looking over the index. You will see that we have a forum for poultry, and we also have one on food safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
...I'm done now, I just need to get this off my chest before tomorrow. I will get through this and try my best to enjoy the day.

Barb
Ouch, on all accounts! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take care of that foot, even if it means making them take you out for Thanksgiving dinner this year! Or you could plunk yourself into your favorite chair, put your foot up, and pass out some aprons and recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I have been pretty ill the last 3-4 days and now at least the pain is gone..It was so bad that pin meds didn't touch it. Now I need to get stuffing made and cranberry sauce..DH Is going shopping for me now and in the last 15 minutes he has asked me at least 30 questions, what size garbanzo beans, what brand, do you want canned cranberries,? Nope get the fresh so I can cook them, on and on and on..Right this minute I could just scream..I'm weak as hell and don't even want to do this..Am I being a poop or what? While he is gone I'm going to try and nap for a few minutes...My daughter should be here soon and I know she will help but it will be another round of questions..What I wouldn't give to hide for a week..Thanks for listening guys..hugs,
kades
No you are not being a poop. I'll give you the same advice--sit down and pass out aprons and recipes. You don't feel well, and this year you should sit down and relax (I know, I know!) and let them wait on you for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have put a message on your user control panel. You will see a link in the top right corner of your screen under "your notifications", or you can link to it in the top blue menu, second in called "User CP".
Thank you for being so helpful Laurie!

Barbara

Old 11-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #3843
Master Chef

i fell on a sidewalk. ouch!!! my knee smarts!!
i was kinda embarrassed...
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #3844
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
i fell on a sidewalk. ouch!!! my knee smarts!!
i was kinda embarrassed...
I hope you feel better! Did you give that, "I meant to do that" look that we all seem to do when we do things like that? I remember hitting a patch of ice and falling in someone's driveway in Minnesota. I would have preferred sitting there for at least 30 seconds crying and feeling sorry for myself, but of course I got up with that sheepish look on my face, and walked on!

Barbara
Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #3845
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I hope you feel better! Did you give that, "I meant to do that" look that we all seem to do when we do things like that? I remember hitting a patch of ice and falling in someone's driveway in Minnesota. I would have preferred sitting there for at least 30 seconds crying and feeling sorry for myself, but of course I got up with that sheepish look on my face, and walked on!

Barbara

i found my way to my feet & could barely look aroud. right on our busiest street, too, where i live. sigh.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #3846
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoHambre View Post
argh my cat just knocked over my favorite bowl... it wasnt valueable it was a bright orange vintage pyrex mixing bowl I really liked... this is the third pet victim of my vintage cookware... which is why I buy cheap... Of course it shattered into a million pieces which I thought I got... swept, vaccumed, mopped and still I just found a big chunk in my dogs mouth... he will chew on ANYTHING!
Bummer, Pancho! Ebay has some orange ones, and a few of them are vintage. Affordable, though.

Lee
Old 11-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #3847
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
I have had a weepy day--all my mom wanted to do was sleep during my visit. It is so hard to deal with dementia.
Awww, Susan, I'm so sorry. I know, it's VERY difficult.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Lee
Old 11-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #3848
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
I have had a weepy day--all my mom wanted to do was sleep during my visit. It is so hard to deal with dementia.
I didn't see this because it switched to another page while I was posting.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. It has to be so hard for you. You have my prayers sweetie.

Barbara
Old 11-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #3849
Head Chef

I have seen far to much illness while caring for my parents. My father had such an ugly death--it was so unfair as he was such a kind, generous and giving person. I hated watching him suffer and now, I am watching a different kind of ugly death. 12 years of caregiving is a verylong long.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #3850
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have seen far to much illness while caring for my parents. My father had such an ugly death--it was so unfair as he was such a kind, generous and giving person. I hated watching him suffer and now, I am watching a different kind of ugly death. 12 years of caregiving is a verylong long.
PS,
I know your pain..Both my parents are gone now, but it was hard trying to take care of them...Let mom sleep sweetie and just sit and look at her and the peace on her face as she rests..Be glad she isn't suffering as she sleeps. Prayers and good thoughts for you and her.

kadesma