"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #3861
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry you had to see that.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #3862
Senior Cook

texasgirl, I am so sorry. I have driven up on fatal accidents and the images haunt you for awhile. It is so tragic. (((hugs))) Its good to get it off your chest.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #3863
Certified Cake Maniac

Texagirl, I feel for your pain right now. The other day I was leaving physio, which is in the hospital, and to get to where my ride picks me up I have to go down this ramp and on it is a door that on the outside says "coroner's entrance". In the 8 weeks I have been going there I have gotten an eerie feeling about the door but didn't think much of it. Until Tuesday, when a man in a dark suit was wheeling the stretcher to the door with a large maroon bag on it. I knew what was inside, and like you I just felt very sad. It bothered me all day and when DH got home from work that nigh I had to tell him and I cried.

I am really glad you shared and I am sending big {{{hugs}}} to you. Try to focus on the fact you were with family today. You are loved by them and you are loved by all of us here.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 11-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #3864
Head Chef

That must have been hard, Stacy. I'm sorry you had to see it. I saw many things when I drove back and forth between here and Montreal last winter, once the roads were awful (many times they were, but this time...) and a vehicle had slipped off the highway into the middle and flipped several times.. that is enough to scare the bejesus out of you while you are driving in bad weather.. also I think it was a family.. I prayed they were all OK.

I also saw a half frozen dead deer on the side of the road once, that was pretty gross...
Old 11-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #3865
Master Chef

I still can't get it out of my mind. I am going to try today as it's time to listen to my Christmas music and put up my decorations. Thanks for letting me tell it.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #3866
Head Chef

I am so tired of sockpuppets, shenanigans, snarkiness and people who use the Internet as a way to "kick the dog" without having to deal with the real issues and people in their lives that are making them so unhappy. It is so disheartening to see that anonymity gives people the excuse to behave so poorly or to lie.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #3867
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
I am so tired of sockpuppets, shenanigans, snarkiness and people who use the Internet as a way to "kick the dog" without having to deal with the real issues and people in their lives that are making them so unhappy. It is so disheartening to see that anonymity gives people the excuse to behave so poorly or to lie.
WOW, ps, I really hope that you are not having any trouble here. If so, talk to one of the mods. They are so very very helpful!!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #3868
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Stacy, I'm sorry you had to see that, as well. It's not easy.

Quote:
I know what you mean Susan. Also, a lot of people seem to think that they are just playing a video game rather than realizing that they are dealing with real people. We have been fortunate to have met several of our online friends (including 17 DC members) in person, and I am kind of proud that one of the comments we heard the most is that we are the same in person as we are online. I believe it is important for us all to remember that we are talking to real people, not just video game characters. Truth and respect are important in person and online.

Barbara
Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #3869
Head Chef

texasgirl, I am sorry I should have been clearer that my comment had nothing to do with this board but everything to do with why I came over. I still pop over at the old one but I imagine in time, I won't bother anymore. I just hate to lose some of my online friends from there.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #3870
Master Chef

Quote:
texasgirl, I am sorry I should have been clearer that my comment had nothing to do with this board but everything to do with why I came over. I still pop over at the old one but I imagine in time, I won't bother anymore. I just hate to lose some of my online friends from there.
you can always tell them about us, but, make sure they aren't the pains in the rear