"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #4061
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'm early for everything!! I keep a book in the car because I know I'm going to be tooooo early.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #4062
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

Barbara
I can relate to that , Barbara.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #4063
Master Chef

I like to be early for things too, but it is impossible with hubby who makes us late for everything.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #4064
Head Chef

I'm an "on-time" person. Don't like to be really early just maybe 5 minutes before I'm supposed to be there. DH on the other hand, is a "late-person" Late to EVERYTHING! Drives me nuts!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #4065
Head Chef

I had a very odd dream this morning. I have been thinking about my father of late and he was in it but it was not a good dream. sigh I guess, watch well what you wish for.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #4066
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
They are lazy and have no cares for anyone but themselves...They need to be taught a hard lesson..OOOOOps sorry dinner was at 8 would you like a pbj sandwich?
kades
i think people that are always late are passive aggressive . they are in essence saying,"i don't have to do what anyone tells me" i also never wait for them. the meal is served when i said it would be. course there are exception , car trouble and the like.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #4067
Senior Cook

Arrgh. I am so MAD right now I can't see straight. My husband is really a nice guy but when he drinks he gets so obnoxious. He was flying home from San Diego today and the flight was delayed. Evidently he had a couple of drinks in the airport and then had 2 (its just a 1 hr. flight !!!!) drinks between San Diego and Phoenix, where he evidently got kicked off the plane. He keeps calling me to tell me not to come pick him up - he has told me he's in Albuquerque twice, once he said he was in Dallas, but according to the airline his plane just left Phoenix so that's where I'm going to guess he is.

This has never happened before. I've been with him when he was obnoxiously drunk and have been able to control his behavior, but when I'm not there - ugh... I guess he will fly stand-by tomorrow (on New Year's Eve) and I am just mad enough to scream. I had tailored my whole day today to be up late and drive to the airport over 1 hour away to pick him up. I just hope the airline will let him on a plane tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be embarrassed that I vented this to y'all but I don't have anyone to call at this hour to complain. Grrrr. It just makes me so angry that he can't behave himself.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #4068
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, there you are! I was getting concerned that I hadn't seen you around DC for awhile!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #4069
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
Tomorrow I'll be embarrassed that I vented this to y'all but I don't have anyone to call at this hour to complain. Grrrr. It just makes me so angry that he can't behave himself.
Never be embarrassed about venting anything here. If you look back into this thread you will see a lot of us have aired our dirty laundry here. That's what this is for - get it out and it is easier to deal with. We are here for you!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #4070
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
Arrgh. I am so MAD right now I can't see straight. My husband is really a nice guy but when he drinks he gets so obnoxious. He was flying home from San Diego today and the flight was delayed. Evidently he had a couple of drinks in the airport and then had 2 (its just a 1 hr. flight !!!!) drinks between San Diego and Phoenix, where he evidently got kicked off the plane. He keeps calling me to tell me not to come pick him up - he has told me he's in Albuquerque twice, once he said he was in Dallas, but according to the airline his plane just left Phoenix so that's where I'm going to guess he is.

This has never happened before. I've been with him when he was obnoxiously drunk and have been able to control his behavior, but when I'm not there - ugh... I guess he will fly stand-by tomorrow (on New Year's Eve) and I am just mad enough to scream. I had tailored my whole day today to be up late and drive to the airport over 1 hour away to pick him up. I just hope the airline will let him on a plane tomorrow.

Aww, Sweetie, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. It must be really hard with him so far away that you can't go and get him and fuss at him all the way home!

As far as being embarrassed about posting this, don't worry about it. None of us here are perfect and neither are our spouses. While not everyone will have been through the exact same thing, we've all had to deal with a spouse or child or someone close misbehaving in some dreadful way. That's one of the reasons we have this thread.

So try to relax and get some rest since there's nothing you can do tonight. We're here for you, scoobagirl.