"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #4411
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I put it outside on the porch. At this time , he does not know yet. What's funny , now one of my cats is ocuppying the space the micro was sitting in.
Take a picture of the Kittie, than put it on top of the microwave :-)

Bob :-)

Old 07-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #4412
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Yes, I see, just remember, treat as you want to be treated...
kades
Even then it takes a lot more then that to get a lady now a day's, Either you have to have money, things, or both to get a woman to look your way! Or an impressive skill that she could possible like.

I'm just saying I've tried everything and all I got was weird woman as girlfriends, or vulpiuos type girlfriends. For once I would love to get a lady I wanted to get you know? And don't worry I will obay the rules of the forum here and keep it G rated.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #4413
Sous Chef

CC- Don't despair. The minute you do not have acquisition on the brain, that will be when the right "lady" will show up in your life.

Just a live and learn moment from my own past. Just know you have to keep earning when you have won. (should this be in the quote thread?).

Anywho, just have patience. Someone, somewhere said "If I sit here long enough, everything will eventually pass by". I can't really place my finger on the specific quote, but that does echo the sentiment.

Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #4414
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
CC- Don't despair. The minute you do not have acquisition on the brain, that will be when the right "lady" will show up in your life.

Just a live and learn moment from my own past. Just know you have to keep earning when you have won. (should this be in the quote thread?).

Anywho, just have patience. Someone, somewhere said "If I sit here long enough, everything will eventually pass by". I can't really place my finger on the specific quote, but that does echo the sentiment.

Bob
Thanks Bob, And your right I've heard that quote too.

Any ways I'm almost 40 and I'm not married, I don't have a house, car, kids,

I want a house, Car, Kid, dog, fence and so on.

That's why I'm working my arse off in college and no time for fun.

We can say arse right?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #4415
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Even then it takes a lot more then that to get a lady now a day's, Either you have to have money, things, or both to get a woman to look your way! Or an impressive skill that she could possible like.

I'm just saying I've tried everything and all I got was weird woman as girlfriends, or vulpiuos type girlfriends. For once I would love to get a lady I wanted to get you know? And don't worry I will obay the rules of the forum here and keep it G rated.

I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman). I was getting SO frustrated by dating my share of jerks or not dating at all. So I decided I would just quit looking and focus on myself. I decided I had to treat myself w/respect before I could expect that from anyone else. I also decided that any man that came into my life could be my friend. And that's it. I wasn't looking for Mr. Right anymore. I learned to enjoy my life and my own company. Then and 6 months later I met a really cute guy who played keyboards in a band at bars in Dallas on the weekends. He became a dear friend and now, 22 years later we've been married for 20 years and he's still my best friend. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I quit looking and the miracle came to me. Try to enjoy your life the way it is and other people will see that joy, regardless of what you have or don't have, and be attracted to it. Take it from someone who's been there. Don't despair, where there is life there is hope. Big Hugs!!

Katy
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #4416
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybar22 View Post
I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman). I was getting SO frustrated by dating my share of jerks or not dating at all. So I decided I would just quit looking and focus on myself. I decided I had to treat myself w/respect before I could expect that from anyone else. I also decided that any man that came into my life could be my friend. And that's it. I wasn't looking for Mr. Right anymore. I learned to enjoy my life and my own company. Then and 6 months later I met a really cute guy who played keyboards in a band at bars in Dallas on the weekends. He became a dear friend and now, 22 years later we've been married for 20 years and he's still my best friend. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I quit looking and the miracle came to me. Try to enjoy your life the way it is and other people will see that joy, regardless of what you have or don't have, and be attracted to it. Take it from someone who's been there. Don't despair, where there is life there is hope. Big Hugs!!

Katy
I'm exactly like you right now, I'm learning to enjoy life although no one ever taught me the finer points of living alone, I've lived with girl friends, friends to get me this far, and it's really easy to take care of an apartment, I just set some time aside to clean up when I see it getting dirty, then I do my home work so on.

I guess I will try it your way Katy, Thanks for the help and Advice everyone.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #4417
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybar22 View Post
I just want to tell you my experience. When I was in the dating/looking world, I wanted exactly what you are saying (except, of course, a gentleman).
Katy

Did I mention that you are *EXACTLY* what I am looking for several more times in my life :-)

Sorry, I needed to go there.

Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #4418
Senior Cook

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
Did I mention that you are *EXACTLY* what I am looking for several more times in my life :-)

Sorry, I needed to go there.

Bob
Sweet Bob, but I can't train another one!!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #4419
Sous Chef

Katy - I'm already house broken.

Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #4420
Honey Badger

No is no...!
Why is it when you don't answer the door bell,the nosy neighbor goes home and calls you?
Most people have the courtesy to call first,then come over.If it's not an inconvenience to you.
I get real tired of people especially her,that thinks that because they exist the world stops for them.

Munky.