Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably. We pay school and other taxes, but they get strange around here.

DH was walking Beagle on her leash, and a neighbor's big weimeraner dog, who was not on her leash despite DH's instructions, attacked Beagle. Beagle put up a good fight, protecting DH. These people should not let this dog run loose. It's already bitten two people in the neighborhood. We have a lot of children here, as well as other dogs. DH plans to have another "talky-to" with this dog owner!

I say get Black Russian terrier or some other wishes dog like that, so he will snap that Weimaraner dog in a half. That will teach them a lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Dawg, I think both you and DH should carry a can of pepper spray when you walk "our" Beagle. That should settle it, if there's no law out there!
When DH talks with him again he can be warned it will be used.

The baseball bat will be be accompanying me. I also wear some good sturdy boots, and am not afraid to use them. Beagle is a very peaceful dog. If the other dog ambushes her, weimeraner will have the heck kicked out of her. I am concerned, as she bit the neighbor's butt, and tried to attack another friend. DH talked to the owner after the first time his dog attacked Beagle, but he's become lax again.

It's very strange to me, usually weimeraners are very nice dogs. One of Beagle's best friends is a weimeraner. She's known him since he was a puppy.

Last edited:
You are required to report any and all dog bites here. Teddy was playing with me and one of his canines scraped my skin and broke it. Had to bring his dog license down to the police station along with the vets report of what shots Teddy had for the year and file a report. Even though Teddy is a family dog, and he just scraped my skin, it still is required to be reported. And you can't get a dog license in Boston, unless the animal has had his rabies and other required shots. And you have to get a new license each year along with the new report from the vet. A great money maker for the city. :angel:

Addie...you actually went through all that for a minor scratch from a family pet? :ohmy: Lordy....if we went to the police station here and reported a small scratch from my kitty or my daughter's inoculated playful dogs, we'd be in there every other day and laughed out of the place. :LOL:
And I'm pretty sure it's not just Boston that requires shots to license a pet.

Last edited:
I'd buy a taser. You can keep the other dog off your beagle, but if he goes for you, that's a whole 'nother situation.

I don't know why people won't leash their dogs. I used to trot my Dobie alongside my bike (on leash) because he needed more exercise than I could give him jogging. I was always amazed at the number of dogs loose in their front yards that used to run out in the street after him. Usually with their owners right there.

My dog wasn't aggressive, but he'd surely stand up for himself, so I'd drop the bike and walk him toward the chasing dog. Chasing Dog would slide to a stop, turn tail and run back to its owner and when the owner saw his dog almost got himself into a fight he couldn't win, there'd be apologies and promises of keeping the dog on a leash in the future.

We must have made an impression. No dog ever chased us twice and my dog never even got near to a chaser.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, my petty vent is wondering how it is I love chocolate and everything that causes me to gain weight, and why couldn't I be born loving to eat broccoli instead.

Last edited:
The baseball bat will be be accompanying me. I also wear some good sturdy boots, and am not afraid to use them. Beagle is a very peaceful dog. If the other dog ambushes her, weimeraner will have the heck kicked out of her. I am concerned, as she bit the neighbor's butt, and tried to attack another friend. DH talked to the owner after the first time his dog attacked Beagle, but he's become lax again.

It's very strange to me, usually weimeraners are very nice dogs. One of Beagle's best friends is a weimeraner. She's known him since he was a puppy.

:( Oh gosh Dawg...I sure hope this situation is resolved soon. I know how you love to walk Beagle, and you should be able to do that without being in fear for anyone's safety.

The baseball bat will be be accompanying me. I also wear some good sturdy boots, and am not afraid to use them...DH talked to the owner after the first time his dog attacked Beagle, but he's become lax again.

It's very strange to me, usually weimeraners are very nice dogs...
Maybe if DH tells the neighbor they would rather leash their dog rather than hope your DH restrained you it might make an impression? Warn the guy you might go all vigilante on him and his dog. ;) Of course the neighbor doesn't need to know you're really as gentle as Beagle, right?

Kinda makes you wonder how that dog is treated by his master, eh?

...And I'm pretty sure it's not just Boston that requires shots to license a pet.
I know they've been required in suburban Cleveland since the late 1950s. My parents always had a dog, and I can still see the little tag dangling from our dog's collar verifying her vaccination each year. Heard it, too, since it would jingle up against the bone-shaped one with all the owner information.

:( Oh gosh Dawg...I sure hope this situation is resolved soon. I know how you love to walk Beagle, and you should be able to do that without being in fear for anyone's safety.

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners. DH plans to take care of this. If he doesn't, I will. (Puts on boxing gloves).

Strangely, this is the sweetest dog inside. However, mess with the Beagle, you get the horns.

Last edited:
Caslon, after much digging and frustration with the USPS website, trust me, it's there. They are annoying as hell, and bury and hide everything like a cat does in a litter box, but I refuse to buy a new box to send stuff.

I've discovered after recently trying, that if you want to print your own shipping label using "Flat rate" shipping prices, your weight limit with UPS and USPS and Paypal is 13 ounces max. Otherwise you have to use USPS Priority or UPS's and Paypal's more expensive shipping options. After much searching and being frustrated that eBay let's you choose the cheaper "First Class Standard" shipping rate for an item you've auctioned, no matter the weight, I found that if you are an eBay member, and you've sold an item, and if you can bring up that item, there's an option to "Ship Additional Items" and that brings you to eBay's shipping label page for both USP and USPS to print "Flat Rate" shipping labels, with no weight limit, even tho you auctioned off that item months ago. Jeesh! Finally! This means I can print UPS labels here at home, arrange a pickup online for free by UPS here at my place, OR...print a USPS label and set it out at my mail kiosk area for the mailman to pick up. I don't have to drive to the post office.

I even tried Stamps.com to accomplish all this, but they charge $15 a month for their premium label shipping service.
Why these other sites limit the weight if you want to ship low cost First Class and print labels at home, I don't know.

Last edited:
Addie...you actually went through all that for a minor scratch from a family pet? :ohmy: Lordy....if we went to the police station here and reported a small scratch from my kitty or my daughter's inoculated playful dogs, we'd be in there every other day and laughed out of the place. :LOL:
And I'm pretty sure it's not just Boston that requires shots to license a pet.

Yeah. He broke the top layer of skin with his canine tooth. It was my own fault. And I am sure a lot of cities and towns require shots to license their pet. :angel:

Waiting to hear from the mechanics on how bad the damage was done to my car.

My son was driving it when the alternator went on it. He was able to get it off the road out of traffic before he caused a collision on the freeway in the pouring rain.

He called AAA and asked for a flatbed truck to tow the car. Because of the make and model a dolley pulled from the front wouldn't do.

They sent out a tow tuck and the guy hooked it up in the front. Causing an air carriage (?) something under my car serious damage. It's just hanging by a thread. Damage to the back was also seen.
He had the audacity to say "That's normal"

You just trashed my car and that's normal? What an idiot!

Were hoping he didn't damage the transmission. I'll be pissed!
If that's the case somebody's buying me a new one, and it won't be on our dime either.

My sons with the mechanic who always works on my car. He knows what's normal and what's not.Pics are being taken in the daylight. They could only see the damage in the dark last night.

The complaint has been filed.

Oh Munky. I wouldn't call this a Petty Vent. Roaring Rage is more like it.

I hope you get good news from your mechanic. Is this your only vehicle? :angel:

Oh Munky. I wouldn't call this a Petty Vent. Roaring Rage is more like it.

I hope you get good news from your mechanic. Is this your only vehicle? :angel:

It's petty until the new alternator is put in.
Monday I might be livid. The mechanic will let us know. Won't know until they take it out for a test drive and open up that V-8 to the hilt.

It's not our only vehicle Addie. It just happens to be my hot rod.

It's petty until the new alternator is put in.
Monday I might be livid. The mechanic will let us know. Won't know until they take it out for a test drive and open up that V-8 to the hilt.

It's not our only vehicle Addie. It just happens to be my hot rod.

When a person has more than one of an item, I have noticed that they always have a favorite between them. I have the feeling that this car is your baby. Here's hoping that she passes that test drive with flying colors. Good Luck :angel:to you and your baby. :angel:

Dealing with insurance is a disaster. They are blood sucking animals. Slept me with $2,500.00 dollars bill. Trying to fight them is impossible.

Dealing with insurance is a disaster. They are blood sucking animals. Slept me with $2,500.00 dollars bill. Trying to fight them is impossible.

Is this medical insurance? You can go to the state insurance commission/board/ombudsman.

My mom is on Medicare and has some insurance co. like Blue Shield or United (can't remember) as the supplement. Anyway, she had to get a pacemaker, and the local hospital said it was covered 100%, she's in the network, etc.. After the procedure, she received a bill for $95,000.

So she called the hospital and surgeon's office, and no one put her mind at ease to tell her it was covered. Then a few weeks later they sent a revised bill of $12,500. So she called back and again nothing was said to her to re-assure her. Then finally a few months later, the new bill is like $500.

I'm thinking Charlie is in his 40's or maybe 50's, so no Medicare. The insurance companies are bloodsuckers.

Back
Top Bottom