"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #4871
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Vent here: *#@)!!* bed legs! I think I either broke a toe or pulled a muscle component like a ligament. Left foot hurts like holy heck.
Well that is a silly thing to do. You are old enough to know better. If the toe is turning mark and blue black (childrenese language) then you broke it. Have you considered having it looked at? Or is that a silly question?
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #4872
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well that is a silly thing to do. You are old enough to know better. If the toe is turning mark and blue black (childrenese language) then you broke it. Have you considered having it looked at? Or is that a silly question?
Oh, like I did it on PURPOSE Addie? Have had this frame since I was 16, solid maple, and do this every once in awhile. This one really hurt though. But no bruising yet (been about 4 or 5 hours) and I'm able to flex the toes OK now. Down steps is OK, up steps not so much.

Not much a doc can do. I think the bones are OK, probably pulled on a muscle thingy. And, of course, right now we are in Health Care Limbo. Himself's COBRA ended 5-31. He submitted an application for the plan that charges you based on your income, since he's not working right now. Almost $1400 a month for the two of us for any other plan is crazy when the income based plan should cost about $200. Thing is our application has been "approved" but that is only to process it. With our luck I'd go to the doc (which we have to change because our own doc isn't in the plan and they pay nothing for an office visit) or the ER and end up spending a couple thousand for the ER visit. At least now I have a reason to be lazy - even though the thing I hate the most is sitting around and doing nothing.
__________________

__________________
"Eating ruins your appetite"~Mom

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #4873
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Oh, like I did it on PURPOSE Addie? Have had this frame since I was 16, solid maple, and do this every once in awhile. This one really hurt though. But no bruising yet (been about 4 or 5 hours) and I'm able to flex the toes OK now. Down steps is OK, up steps not so much.

Not much a doc can do. I think the bones are OK, probably pulled on a muscle thingy. And, of course, right now we are in Health Care Limbo. Himself's COBRA ended 5-31. He submitted an application for the plan that charges you based on your income, since he's not working right now. Almost $1400 a month for the two of us for any other plan is crazy when the income based plan should cost about $200. Thing is our application has been "approved" but that is only to process it. With our luck I'd go to the doc (which we have to change because our own doc isn't in the plan and they pay nothing for an office visit) or the ER and end up spending a couple thousand for the ER visit. At least now I have a reason to be lazy - even though the thing I hate the most is sitting around and doing nothing.
It is the quickest way to get out of work you don't want to do. Ask any of my kids. They had it down to an art.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #4874
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is the quickest way to get out of work you don't want to do. Ask any of my kids. They had it down to an art.
Not looking to get out of work. Perfect weather for gardening, which has been rare lately. Plus with company coming sometime this week I wanted the freshly washed sheets on the bed today so the room was all done. Should have waited till after I did some gardening...
__________________
"Eating ruins your appetite"~Mom

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #4875
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
The day my Podiatrist told me that older people need to wear shoes or slippers at all times hurt me much worse than stubbing my toe ever did!

To think I paid for that advice!
Thanks for the heads-up. Or should I say toes-covered-up? Unfortunately, I did this before I ever ventured downstairs for the day and I keep my shoes down there. Slippers wouldn't have helped since I've been open-toe ones this summer. Maybe after decades of owning this bed I should just remember it's out to get me?
__________________
"Eating ruins your appetite"~Mom

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #4876
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,651
I buy neoprene water shoes for house shoes...a bit of sole and gives a little protection if you have the habit of kicking your furniture for no good reason.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #4877
Senior Cook
 
ahoymatey2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pa
Posts: 233
I just had the pup, Tucker, out. He went both. We came in and he pee'd on my floor. Grrrrrrrr
__________________
ahoymatey2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #4878
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
I just had the pup, Tucker, out. He went both. We came in and he pee'd on my floor. Grrrrrrrr
At least it was pee.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #4879
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,691
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
I just had the pup, Tucker, out. He went both. We came in and he pee'd on my floor. Grrrrrrrr
Maybe he was just excited. I've seen dogs and pups pee themselves from excitement.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #4880
Senior Cook
 
ahoymatey2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pa
Posts: 233
I don't know what his problem was but he bought himself a 15 timeout in the crate. I had him out, he went both. He came in & went tinkle like I said above & not even 5 minutes after my first post I was upstairs putting my paid bills away & he went AGAIN. Luckily for me both times wasn't on my carpets. I took him out figuring there isn't anything left in him & he went AGAIN but this time it was on the grass.

So I locked him up for a few minutes & now he's fine. Who knows what his problem was.

How's your toe CG? I use to be queen of broken toes. I have the ugliest feet around plus I have chronic plantar fasciitis so it's rare that I am not in my New Balance sneakers with my Spanco insoles.
__________________

__________________
ahoymatey2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.