"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #4871
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs Munky))) That just stinks.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #4872
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh Munky. I wouldn't call this a Petty Vent. Roaring Rage is more like it.

I hope you get good news from your mechanic. Is this your only vehicle?

Old 01-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #4873
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Oh Munky. I wouldn't call this a Petty Vent. Roaring Rage is more like it.

I hope you get good news from your mechanic. Is this your only vehicle?
It's petty until the new alternator is put in.
Monday I might be livid. The mechanic will let us know. Won't know until they take it out for a test drive and open up that V-8 to the hilt.

It's not our only vehicle Addie. It just happens to be my hot rod.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #4874
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
It's petty until the new alternator is put in.
Monday I might be livid. The mechanic will let us know. Won't know until they take it out for a test drive and open up that V-8 to the hilt.

It's not our only vehicle Addie. It just happens to be my hot rod.
When a person has more than one of an item, I have noticed that they always have a favorite between them. I have the feeling that this car is your baby. Here's hoping that she passes that test drive with flying colors. Good Luck to you and your baby.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #4875
Master Chef

Dealing with insurance is a disaster. They are blood sucking animals. Slept me with $2,500.00 dollars bill. Trying to fight them is impossible.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #4876
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Dealing with insurance is a disaster. They are blood sucking animals. Slept me with $2,500.00 dollars bill. Trying to fight them is impossible.
Is this medical insurance? You can go to the state insurance commission/board/ombudsman.

My mom is on Medicare and has some insurance co. like Blue Shield or United (can't remember) as the supplement. Anyway, she had to get a pacemaker, and the local hospital said it was covered 100%, she's in the network, etc.. After the procedure, she received a bill for $95,000.

So she called the hospital and surgeon's office, and no one put her mind at ease to tell her it was covered. Then a few weeks later they sent a revised bill of $12,500. So she called back and again nothing was said to her to re-assure her. Then finally a few months later, the new bill is like $500.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #4877
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

I'm thinking Charlie is in his 40's or maybe 50's, so no Medicare. The insurance companies are bloodsuckers.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #4878
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yeah. He broke the top layer of skin with his canine tooth. It was my own fault. And I am sure a lot of cities and towns require shots to license their pet.
I have to ask - municipal codes not withstanding - whyever would you report such a minor injury from your own pet? There's no way I'd give them any ammunition to start a file on any pet of mine. He has had his rabies shots, right?

IN the 50+ years that I've had pets I've been scratched several times by cats, bitten once by a cat while trying to pill her, and had a similar scratch form a very elderly poodle-terrier mix who was nearly blind - he simply did not realize I was there. Reported none of them. No issues at the doctor's, either. If I had a doctor who tried to insist on filing a report for such a thing, I'd switch doctors.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:15 AM   #4879
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Barbarian View Post
I have to ask - municipal codes not withstanding - whyever would you report such a minor injury from your own pet? There's no way I'd give them any ammunition to start a file on any pet of mine. He has had his rabies shots, right?

IN the 50+ years that I've had pets I've been scratched several times by cats, bitten once by a cat while trying to pill her, and had a similar scratch form a very elderly poodle-terrier mix who was nearly blind - he simply did not realize I was there. Reported none of them. No issues at the doctor's, either. If I had a doctor who tried to insist on filing a report for such a thing, I'd switch doctors.
Because I am 77 years old and here it is February 4th, and it is still healing. I am diabetic and a simple little injury turns into a major problem for me.

Secondly, because it is the law. My skin was broken. It was broken with the teeth of the animal. Not from his claws. The incident is now on record. The dog belongs to my son. If the wound should turn into something more than it has, I do not want to leave my child with regrets for having this animal. I want him to know that I did whatever was necessary and required of me.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #4880
Chef Extraordinaire

It would never even occur to me to report my own dog to the police. Whatever the law is, it has nothing to do with the fact that you have diabetes.