Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mad Cook, love the 'dry' British humour of their sit-coms.... think I mentioned this before, have nicknamed (but not to her face) one sister Hyacinth, another sister is Violet on the hill, and I'm either Rose or Daisy - depending on my mood. Waiting for God, Are you being Served, a couple of others I can't think of right at the moment.

and yes,... go for the cattle prod! LOL.

I too, am often in need of walking with a cane. Mostly due to arthritis in my feet (toes) all having been broken by being stepped on by the horses. I hear you loud and clear!

My sister was the epitome of Hyacinth. She never served coffee or tea in a mug. HORRORS! You had to have a cup and saucer. She also felt that a table cloth was preferable, it was a lot of work to wash and iron it. So she unwilling settled for cloth placemats. And she had a teapot for her afternoon tea. Even when she was alone in the house. When I told her I had a large Brown Betty tea pot from England, she just had to have it. Gave it to her gladly. I use teabags. Which told her I was definitely not headed for heaven.

I get the impression that older ladies with outrageous hair colours get taken more seriously by younger people. As though it makes them realize that we are keeping up with the world.
Maybe so but mostly they just get laughed at. Ive heard it. Haha look at that old lady thinking shes young. Grow up grandma. They are pretty cruel. Especially to the older ladies who want to wear the same styles as thier teen age daughters.

I hope I didn't hurt any feelings. Just sharing my observations.

Speaking of rainbow colored hair, there was a girl I work with that went viral online because of her rainbow colored hair. Someone told her she shouldn't be working with the elderly looking like that. She's a real sweet gal. We also have a caretaker who is probably in her 60's, she has long blond hair down to her butt. Underneath her hair she had rainbow stripes, looked real pretty when she brushed her hair to the side, sortive a surprise!
I say, do whatever makes you the happiest and there are always going to be people for or against it., just keep that in mind to begin with and you will be ok! People can be cruel.

Maybe so but mostly they just get laughed at. Ive heard it. Haha look at that old lady thinking shes young. Grow up grandma. They are pretty cruel. Especially to the older ladies who want to wear the same styles as thier teen age daughters.

some of those daughters need not be wearing what they do either, they had a work orientation and I saw two girls coming in, one had a crop top on and fitted pants (think yoga) and another's chest was literally bursting out of her top. Now, don't get me wrong, they were killer shaped but come on gals, at work orientation? ?

I have a teen age daughter. I know how they dress and I dont approve. Her mother lets her dress however she wants. It was so bad one day I made her put on yoga pants because I wasn't going anywhere with her cheeks hanging out. She is 15.

15 and beautiful I'm sure. They don't realize the power they have! She's trying to look pretty for the teenage boys!! All I can think about is my male coworker telling me how gross teen boys are. He said you just don't even want to know what goes through their minds lol. I have a 13 year old boy.... I don't know which is worse a teen girl or boy... scary little human beings �� The things they could do!

I was a teenager in the 80s and early 90s when the short shorts and short skirts were in style. Before the big baggy pants. I remember what it was like.

I don't know about mostly. Maybe where you are, but here it's pretty common. I have red and violet highlights and I love it ? I have a friend who has all-white hair with a burst of fuchsia. She was a teacher so she's not going to be taking any guff from teenage girls [emoji38]

Here's how we of a mature age deal with the whipper snappers (warning: adult material ahead) : https://warningcurvesahead.com/2016/06/04/24-things-women-over-30-should-wear/

Small towns and rural communities and a lot different than citys. I personally don't care how someone dresses. I am last person that would criticize anyone. Especially the way I dress sometimes.

Yep I had a mullet. It was almost down to my butt when I cut it.

All business up front and a party in the back! LMAO

LMAO! You had the dream hair! My hair would never get real high. I proofed and sprayed and it only got so far!

Back
Top Bottom