Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, all the recent talk about what's an "appropriate look" this rebel old lady had a change made at the hairdresser today! :cool:;):punk:

img_1516546_0_a6df4172c0bb4978f1112967a5a76184.jpg
My hair is about the shade of your hair.... hmmm... I wonder what Jeannie would think if I did that???... :ROFLMAO:

Ross

The last picture is how my wife's hair look. Maybe a bit shorter
I bet it's really pretty! My fiancé would die if I put blue or pink in my hair, I mean he says do what you want but he's all farmer, country. I know he likes me best au natural :ROFLMAO: poor guy

Well, Sous, you know what they say: Girls just want to have fu-un. ;)

Looks very nice, Kayelle. I'm still a lot heavy on the "pepper". My "salt" is hiding along my hairline. If I wanted to color it up, I'd have to pull my hair up. Then I'd look like a colorful Bride of Frankenstein! :LOL:

"Someone spill wine on your hair?" :LOL:...
Himself's remark was "she has wine leaking out of her head". BTW, he didn't know you're a white wine kinda girl, Kay.

My High-Speed Internet is via radio waves - so I must be within view of one of the towers. Been with them 10 years... and the trees have grown. this is the first time I've been able to get on-line for several days! We've been having a lot of rain and with the rain it weighs down the tree(s) and blocks my signal.

Next month they are "supposed" to be running a 'fibre optics' line (?) ... we still have a lot of rain coming our way - I'm going to go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My High-Speed Internet is via radio waves - so I must be within view of one of the towers. Been with them 10 years... and the trees have grown. this is the first time I've been able to get on-line for several days! We've been having a lot of rain and with the rain it weighs down the tree(s) and blocks my signal.

Next month they are "supposed" to be running a 'fibre optics' line (?) ... we still have a lot of rain coming our way - I'm going to go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds of 1999, when we finally got fiber optic cable in our neighborhood. It was a big deal with me. Net speed skyrocketed.

Last edited:
Reminds of 1999, when we finally got fiber optic cable in our neighborhood. It was a big deal with me. Net speed skyrocketed.

Our former mayor locked us into a contract that leaves no room for fiber optics. Well, finally the contract has expired and for the past year the phone company has been busy bringing fiber optics to our city. Of course because my section of Boston is across the harbor and not directly connected to the main part of the city, we will be the last to get the service.

Then there is the problem of buildings like ours. They are wired only for cable. This is a fairly large building and is going to be costly to bring fiber optics to us.

We will never have fiber optics. We live out in the country. The phone company said there's not enough people out there so its not cost effective.

...Then there is the problem of buildings like ours. They are wired only for cable. This is a fairly large building and is going to be costly to bring fiber optics to us.

Addie, buildings do not get rewired. The fiber optics are outside, up to your building then they connect to what's already there.

We will never have fiber optics. We live out in the country. The phone company said there's not enough people out there so its not cost effective.

Jon, fiber optics are not the be all and end all. I switched from fiber optics back to regular cable recently and my internet speed is faster. It's all a matter of what your provider wants to pass through. They give you some speed and charge you extra for more speed. It's just a flip of the switch.

Addie, buildings do not get rewired. The fiber optics are outside, up to your building then they connect to what's already there.

Well, that is good news. If and when FO ever reach us, I still don't know enough about it to really want it. I just resent that Mennino took that option away from us without any input from the citizens. Just like he did with RCN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it's really pretty! My fiancé would die if I put blue or pink in my hair, I mean he says do what you want but he's all farmer, country. I know he likes me best au natural :ROFLMAO: poor guy

Farmer county, huh-huh, I am, we are religious, ultra Orthodox Jews, this way pass farmer country. If he loves you, he should encourage you.

Farmer county, huh-huh, I am, we are religious, ultra Orthodox Jews, this way pass farmer country. If he loves you, he should encourage you.
Isn't that the truth! I don't think I'll ever find a man who doesn't want to stomp out "my light". Isn't it that is what attracts a man in the first place, what makes you, you.... I sware I attract jealous people like crazy. I hate jealousy. I don't get jealous. But in all honesty I do what I want and he can say whatever he wants!

Merlot, my husband married me because I am what is say on the tin, he loved me for me, not what he can change or mold. He wants me 100%.
Hence I have him and Mr Right, because my light is love and oh I can dye my hair what ever colour. Last night he was saying I should try Fenix hair... yeah except my hair would die from it.

And it isnt what you attract, actually it what you look for and something in the jealous people is what attract you. I took a long thought about it and realized my ex husband and my then current boyfriend had the same things and I didnt like that so I looked for the opposite and found my husband.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom