Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is Hu HOT?
It's a place where you go through like a buffet but it's all raw. Then they cook it in front of you. They have all kinds of meats and seafood. All the veggies you can think of. Put it in a bowl Them you can put on what ever sause. There must be 20 choices. I use a little teriyaki, garlic oil, sesame oil, and bunch of wine. It all you can eat. I always get what I know I like the first time then go back and try all kinds of different combinations. Its fun playing with all the flavors. If you ever run across one you have to go.

Last edited:
It's a place where you go through like a buffet but it's all raw. Then they cook it in front of you. They have all kinds of meats and seafood. All the veggies you can think of. Put it in a bowl Them you can put on what ever sause. There must be 20 choices. I use a little teriyaki, garlic oil, sesame oil, and bunch of wine. It all you can eat. I always get what I know I like the first time then go back and try all kinds of different combinations. Its fun playing with all the flavors. If you ever run across one you have to go.

Sounds fun and delicious, I would definitely give it a try! Thanks for the reply!

Sounds almost like a Shogun restaurant I went to in Jacksonville, Fl about 34 years ago.

Having half of a Subway Chicken Bacon Ranch sub for lunch, and will have the other half for supper. Fixing spaghetti sauce later tonight for this weekend.

Grumble. Neighbor across from us continues to celebrate his July 4 fireworks. We've found reminants from some big leaguers in the yard, and they come through our nice dry pines. DH, not mincing words, has told them they need to stop shooting them off by 10pm, and they've complied. Now to talk them into shooting them off in their own back yard, not into our front yard.

Last edited:
Grumble. Neighbor across from us continues to celebrate his July 4 fireworks. We've found reminants from some big leaguers in the yard, and they come through our nice dry pines. DH, not mincing words, has told them they need to stop shooting them off by 10pm, and they've complied. Now to talk them into shooting them off in their own back yard, not into our front yard.

Are these kind of fireworks legal in your state or town? Other than the fireworks after the Pops concert, we had a very quiet 4th here. The police have really clamped down on shooting them off. All fireworks are illegal in Mass. unless done by the town or city.

What concerns me when they shoot off the big ones is the sparks that land on dry roofs and other dry areas. Fortunately we are having a spell of showers each day. The Pops fireworks are shot off in the middle of the Charles River. Less danger from them.

Yeah, I would say, it is time for another conversation with them. A strong conversation. Hubby does all the talking, they do all the listening and compliance.

Aside from the professional fireworks display we had a total fireworks ban in L.A. this year. But this year more than any other years that I can remember we had thousands of illegal fireworks happening all over the city. It sounded like a war zone from 9pm to like 3am, non-stop...

Aside from the professional fireworks display we had a total fireworks ban in L.A. this year. But this year more than any other years that I can remember we had thousands of illegal fireworks happening all over the city. It sounded like a war zone from 9pm to like 3am, non-stop...

In a big city it is almost impossible to control the illegal use of fireworks. This year we had a state trooper parked right along the border stopping every Mass. car coming back from NH. All fireworks were confiscated and they got a hefty ticket also. Maybe next year the Mass. folks will think twice about buying illegal fireworks.

We have a friend who is a state trooper. He said the folks are pretty stupid. When they stop the car to search them, the illegal stuff if right in plain view on the back seat.

FW were just legalized to sell in town, and town just went nuts on them, not everyone was that enthused. Out in the country, no rules, though now folks don't have to get them in Missouri anymore. Neighbor across from us just bought a license and permit to sell.

FW were just legalized to sell in town, and town just went nuts on them, not everyone was that enthused. Out in the country, no rules, though now folks don't have to get them in Missouri anymore. Neighbor across from us just bought a license and permit to sell.

Oh boy! Good luck with that bit of knowledge.

In a big city it is almost impossible to control the illegal use of fireworks. This year we had a state trooper parked right along the border stopping every Mass. car coming back from NH. All fireworks were confiscated and they got a hefty ticket also. Maybe next year the Mass. folks will think twice about buying illegal fireworks...
OR they'll take a ride to CT instead. Not an enforcement officer of any kind to be seen anywhere. There is always a huge tent selling fireworks just over the border from us. One year they were even set up in the parking lot of the town's fire department!!! :wacko: Talk about making business for yourself. :ROFLMAO:

OR they'll take a ride to CT instead. Not an enforcement officer of any kind to be seen anywhere. There is always a huge tent selling fireworks just over the border from us. One year they were even set up in the parking lot of the town's fire department!!! :wacko: Talk about making business for yourself. :ROFLMAO:

CG it was absolutely quiet on the night of the 4th up at this end. I don't know how he heard them, but Teddy started to shake when the Pops fireworks went off.

They're legal here in Washington state. Or at least in this area. There are always a few pops in the days leading up to the 4th and then it sounds like a war zone on the 4th itself from about 8pm to 11. But I have to say, by midnight you could have dropped a pin in this town and heard it. I don't think I heard one pop from midnight on. The next day I heard maybe one or two pops and that's been it.

I think that's because people buy their fireworks and save them all to shoot off on the 4th. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't where fireworks are illegal. People get them and shoot them off whenever and wherever they think they won't be caught.

I grew up in a suburb of L.A. in the 50s, 60s. Private fireworks were illegal, due to fire risk. I never heard anyone using them. There were fireworks in all the parks and the fire department was always there. Everyone seemed to understand the risks. I remember getting worried when someone had sparklers at a party. :LOL:

Thankfully, it's quiet now out here in the 'hood.

Major disappointment: DH brought home a couple beautiful peaches, I'm thinking they were from Missouri, so close to local. I was salivating.

Cut off a few slices, and sadly they taste like cardboard. Mushy, no juice, no flavor. Guess I'll have to wait for the locally grown peaches. A friend, who sort of lives off the grid (no phone or FB) may have some homegrown later.

Last edited:
Thankfully, it's quiet now out here in the 'hood.

Major disappointment: DH brought home a couple beautiful peaches, I'm thinking they were from Missouri, so close to local. I was salivating.

Cut off a few slices, and sadly they taste like cardboard. Mushy, no juice, no flavor. Guess I'll have to wait for the locally grown peaches. A friend, who sort of lives off the grid (no phone or FB) may have some homegrown later.

I can still remember eating the peaches right off the truck that had just been picked. They were still warm from the sun. The juice ran down my arms and all over my clothes right down to the top of my shoes. :( So I can understand your disappointment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom